Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2009, 06:42 PM

Default Lovering volume on track channel?

Hello all,

I have imported a track into PT. Its an mp3 track, and when i import it, it shows two identical tracks. Now when i play i hear the guitar part coming only on the right side of headphones. while drums and bass are on both. Is it possible to lover down the volume or mute the guitar part all together? And how would i do that?

Thank you for your time.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Lovering volume on track channel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevdah View Post
Hello all,

I have imported a track into PT. Its an mp3 track, and when i import it, it shows two identical tracks. Now when i play i hear the guitar part coming only on the right side of headphones. while drums and bass are on both. Is it possible to lover down the volume or mute the guitar part all together? And how would i do that?

Thank you for your time.
There is more than one solution to this. I myself would split the stereo track into dual mono(Right click on the track name a select "split into mono".). After that, mute the stereo track, pan the two new mono tracks to center and start grabbing faders to adjust the volume.

As far as "lovering" volumes...um...that's a topic others here might tackle as I have no experience "lovering" volumes myself.

Hope that helps.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 09-17-2009, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Lovering volume on track channel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
There is more than one solution to this. I myself would split the stereo track into dual mono(Right click on the track name a select "split into mono".). After that, mute the stereo track, pan the two new mono tracks to center and start grabbing faders to adjust the volume.

As far as "lovering" volumes...um...that's a topic others here might tackle as I have no experience "lovering" volumes myself.

Hope that helps.

Shane
Thanks Shane
Old 09-18-2009, 12:02 AM

Talking Re: Lovering volume on track channel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post

Hope that helps.

Shane
Yes you have. Stop hiding the secrets! The true secret to mixing ITB is volume lovering! The truth is out there! PT has a volume lovering preset on every mix channel but you must KNOW THE CODE!

:)