Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2009, 08:01 AM
Avid

Default Re: Thanks for all 26i/o @44.1 on the 2626

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppertree View Post
If there's a cat-and-mouse game going on between the developers and the management I have to say it's RIDICULOUS and they should grow up and cut it out.

Give the customers everything they paid for and shut up.
There's no cat and mouse game, merely a bug. We've never supported more than 18 IO.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
There's no cat and mouse game, merely a bug. We've never supported more than 18 IO.
This is hilarious...supporting more i/o is considered a "bug" by Digidesign.

You just can't make this stuff up.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
This is hilarious...supporting more i/o is considered a "bug" by Digidesign.

You just can't make this stuff up.
Well, Tamarra?
Old 01-05-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesPaul666 View Post
Well, Tamarra?
Sowwy, I decided to rewire my whole rack between sessions rather than test this. I only got as far as seeing that the software does in fact "see" all 26 i/o and lets them be "armed" as if they will record.

But I still have to check if the digidesign management demanded the "bug" be fixed by putting something in to mute the audio paths in order to protect the 003 line from those jerks in San Diego.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Avid

Quote:
Sowwy, I decided to rewire my whole rack between sessions rather than test this. I only got as far as seeing that the software does in fact "see" all 26 i/o and lets them be "armed" as if they will record.

But I still have to check if the digidesign management demanded the "bug" be fixed by putting something in to mute the audio paths in order to protect the 003 line from those jerks in San Diego.
No LE or M-Powered interface has supported more than 18 IO simultaneously - this is not an M-Audio vs. Digidesign issue, merely the fact that we limit IO in LE and M-Powered to 18. Simple as that.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
No LE or M-Powered interface has supported more than 18 IO simultaneously - this is not an M-Audio vs. Digidesign issue, merely the fact that we limit IO in LE and M-Powered to 18. Simple as that.
Except for that, uhm, "bug" in 7.3cs1 that enabled all 32+ i/o on the Profire lightbridge...

Quote:
Now you know you're just asking silly questions that you already know the answer to.

[edited - I realized you were asking about M-Powered] - That's another question that you already know the answer to. LE is LE for a reason and so is M-Powered. We offer features for one and not the other to entice you to purchase a specific piece of hardware or software. We're a business like any other and those who manage our assets have to make choices about how to get the most return on the investment. Plain and simple.
Here you had a brief moment of candor, admitting to using crippleware policies to give unfair advantages to your own, higher-margin hardware.

This is most certainly a digidesign vs. M-Audio thing. That is why they had to jump through hoops creating the drag-and-drop input ordering UI on the 2626 router dialog: so the customer could have all 18i/o digital in Pro Tools M-powered. They are your hostages, putting out a better product than yours at a lower cost only to have you cripple it.

Cut it out.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiogeekzine View Post
Your link is broken.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 01-06-2009, 01:40 AM

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...

They have added code that blocks the audio signal on all channels above #18.

Everything looks like it should work, but, no audio comes through.

Look, we get it digi. You want us to buy HD systems. Well everyone who can afford and justify an HD system already gets one. Mmmkay? Letting the 2626 and PFLB run all their i/o in and out of PTMP is not going to hurt HD sales appreciably. There are so many HD systems on ebay for pennies on the dollar you are losing more sales to the resale market anyway than you would to this.

So give it up. Let us have the full power of our hardware so we don't have to use Logic when we are tracking a large band or using a console. You don't want us getting comfy with Logic. Logic lets us use aggregate i/o over multiple interfaces, has ADC, and has unlimited tracks. Your programmers could give us all of those things in PTMP 8.1 without breaking a sweat and you know it.

No full i/o, no CPTK, no nada for M-Powered. Just how Soviet is it to euphemise it as "empowered?"

(Psst. Coders. Someone drop this "bug" into 8.0cs1. Please! We will sing songs about your heroism for generations!)
Old 01-06-2009, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
Your link is broken.

Shane
Google doesn't like me linking to a photo without sending someone to their crappy website.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Doesn't matter anyway, only the top 18 inputs work.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:02 AM

I'm glad I stumbled across this post. A while back I was daydreaming about getting a light bridge and a 32 channel analog mixing desk.

In any case, this exchange gives me a chuckle. You're all so right about the crippleware thing.

If I didn't happen to love the Pro Tools interface so much, and if I didn't exchange sessions with bandmates, I'd definitely shift myself over to another DAW.