View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 04:24 PM

Default Re: RTAS Performance on HD8

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxo View Post
I work in a bunch of very real, VERY PROFESSIONAL, very busy, very typical and VERY GORILLA nyc studios like my own. We all run PT-centric DAWs not PT workstations.
I have no doubt that you're very pro and a master of your craft...with the biased fanboy chants now and then.

Quote:
It may be great, but Linux is out of the question for interfacing with the thousands of clients and their vast array of needs that come through my facility every year.
Linux has already got you linked. Nearly all the world's servers that your stuff passes through run Linux. You're already there. Not to mention this very message you're reading which is coming from a Linux OS straight to your fanboy OSX.

Quote:
Shane, I'm a fanboy, you're the opposite, Mr. XP in the middle of the music industry:)
Well I'm happy to say that I can at least get XP and PT running rock solid in that giant cheese grater computer of yours...along with a full eye candy Linux partition if you like. Since it's a modern "do all" box, we might as well make it into a gaming machine also.(just razzin' ya with friendly banter mate.)

Anywhozel, any ideas on an ideal RTAS II spec?

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit