View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Is Avid planning on fixing CoreAudio Manager for Snow Leopard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
Unfortunately, the history of the company line is that they don't care whether their hardware plays nice with everything else as long as it works perfectly with Pro Tools. I have never understood this point of view considering that they have always been a hardware company as many dissenters point out. I gave up expecting better CoreAudio and ASIO support long ago.
If Avid argues that it's not a "first-level problem" just because it doesn't happen while running PT, that doesn't hold any water at all. When you buy into a total DAW system like the PT system, it is expected and assumed that that DAW system will be your complete system. Ownership of an MBox2 or a Digidesign 192 or whatever doesn't just mean that it works with the Pro Tools application, it is expected and assumed that it is your total system audio AD DA converter solution for ANYTHING you might do or run on that system. We're now computer light years away from the 1990s and a DAW is not an exclusively PT workstation anymore, it is a digital audio workstation, a multitasking machine, a swiss army knife. I know of no other common PC or Mac DAW system where you have to have multiple interfaces for different uses connected and then run more audio drivers just to run system sound through decent converters.