View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 09:20 AM

Default Re: Is Avid planning on fixing CoreAudio Manager for Snow Leopard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNielsen View Post
I get little bursts of 'meep' sounds, and it will quit. And it won't restart until I reboot the computer.
I don't feel too bad for you guys with these minor problems, but I do think you may be in for a multi year wait.

This sounds like it could only happen in a nightmare, but Core Audio was crashing Intel Macs...I mean kernel panics... all day long every day for two years and Avid just made excuses after excuse and brushed it off. And Core Audio was in FAR worse condition than now. It literally would freeze your entire system requiring force quitting 10 times a day.

ALL our systems crashed all day FOR OVER TWO YEARS. And the CUMULATIVE TENS OF THOUSANDS OF HOURS we LOST, restarting and then waiting for spotlight to re-do itself after every severe crash, risking our data with hundreds of thousands of severe MBox 2 kernel panics every year causing forced shut downs! When I encountered this three years ago, I knew the Old Digidesign was GONE. Most people are just now realizing that we're dealing with a whole new company.

That horrendous episode ended a year or two ago...now Avid has even less money allocated to bug fixing. Am I obviously still upset about my irreplaceable time that nightmare wasted. Avid, you must fix the bugs in a timely fashion again.

See the two-year long, 700 post nightmare thread here.