View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Control|24 with Pro Tools 11?

As mentioned a few times earlier in this thread, I remapped a few buttons on my Control 24 almost 6 years back. I no longer have that controller at hand, but I definitely kept my data from that venture. Since I still have the output data from those specific buttons, I was able to develop a software emulator of the Control 24 Navigation section that outputs the exact same data. This was very quickly slapped together, and I didn't even put comments in the code. It uses AHK, a bit of C++ and just the standard basic Windows API's. Nothing more. In this video example, I gave the Control 24 a new feature and something I always wanted on it, which was the ability to cycle through plug-in presets via the up/down buttons using the Sel Adj button as a toggled modifier!

I first use the buttons on the UI of the Control 24 Nav Section emulator app, and then demonstrate via keyboard > Nav app > Pro Tools.

Click and play to see the Control 24 Nav emulator in action:

It's definitely not a crime to write computer programs and software in order to enhance and speed up one's daily workflow and production. It's also not a crime to write software in order to maintain one's tried and true hardware tools for the job. There is nothing malicious or illegal in doing so. It's pretty much part of the modern recording engineers job to at least be able to know a basic scripting language these days. I myself actually encourage it. In my opinion, considering otherwise is just straying away from the original purpose of a computer as far as one can get. There are definitely multiple ways to get basic functionality going again on these two controllers.

I'll post an advanced comping video next, and then I'll do the default nav and zoom...but maybe make them better.

Shane
Attached Images
File Type: png Knight of the old Code.png (64.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Control 24 Nav Section TB.jpg (45.3 KB, 0 views)

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit