Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   I/O Setup for Pro Tools 10 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=310863)

Brian in Charlotte 11-01-2011 07:01 PM

I/O Setup for Pro Tools 10

Thank for your time. I'm about to explode here....I cannot find documentation on what the deal is with the change in the I/O from Pro Tools 8.0.5 to Pro Tools 10. I opened I/O Setup and none of my stuff is there. I use Spdif for output and I only have (2) microphones. I'm completely lost on how to set this up. Can anyone help?

RTFM 11-01-2011 07:17 PM

Re: I/O Setup for Pro Tools 10

Since your post is a little sparse on details, I'm going to recommend digging into the IO Setups Primer, which should clear up a vast majority of questions you may have:

http://akmedia.digidesign.com/suppor..._v90_69603.pdf

LSNY 11-01-2011 07:22 PM

Got this advice from Digi Tech Support, and it worked:
In I/O, I deleted all paths.
Then I hit "default".
I use the spdif inputs on an Mbox 2 Pro. Everything was back to normal---working perfectly.

pfo 11-01-2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian in Charlotte (Post 1858757)
Thank for your time. I'm about to explode here....I cannot find documentation on what the deal is with the change in the I/O from Pro Tools 8.0.5 to Pro Tools 10. I opened I/O Setup and none of my stuff is there. I use Spdif for output and I only have (2) microphones. I'm completely lost on how to set this up. Can anyone help?

There were some big changes from 8 to 9...perhaps that's what's confusing you?

RTFM 11-01-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSNY (Post 1858773)
Got this advice from Digi Tech Support, and it worked:
In I/O, I deleted all paths.
Then I hit "default".
I use the spdif inputs on an Mbox 2 Pro. Everything was back to normal---working perfectly.

That's a general troubleshooting thing - if I'm not mistaken, Brian has other issues than IO not showing up and that doc I referred to explains all the changes. It's good reading for *anyone* using Pro Tools...

Brian in Charlotte 11-02-2011 04:29 AM

I'm gonna read the article now! Sorry for the sparse details. I actually had tried deleting the existing paths and then hit Default (as I used to do in the past), but all I ever get is "Built-in Line Input 1-2" & "Built-in Line Output 1-2). I'm using my Digi 003R. Now, what's interesting is if I click BUS in the top menu of the I/O Setup, I see all the routing options I used to have, but they are not available in the Input or Output sections. I'll read the article and see if I can't get this figured out here.

Thanks much and I'll be back!

Brian in Charlotte 11-02-2011 04:38 AM

RTFM, I might add here that I don't see my Digi003R in the Playback Engine Dialog box - which is where I believe the issues really is. All I have is Pro Tools Aggregate I/O and then Built-in.........

Brian in Charlotte 11-02-2011 04:52 AM

PROBLEM SOLVED: After reading each of your comments and then using the helpful info by RTFM, I was able to figure out what happened. (keep in mind, this was all done in one evening) When I upgraded to PT9 from 8.0.5, I did a "clean uninstall". Then I followed all directions and installed the correct drivers etc. However, when I moved up to PT10 and did the uninstall of PT9, it obviously took the drivers with it. So, when I couldn't find my 003R in the PlayBack Engine and the Primer mentioned installing drivers AFTER the upgrade (when going 8 to 9 docs said to install drivers BEFORE), I knew I had it fixed.

SO, bottom line: After doing a Clean Uninstall of PT9 and full install of PT10, then go download the updated drivers for your interface!

THANK YOU everyone...I sincerely appreciate it! Where would I be without this forum!