Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Windows (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   ASIO Drivers for Pro Tools 9 in win7 64bit DO NOT WORK (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=298691)

cdmstudios 04-07-2011 10:40 AM

ASIO Drivers for Pro Tools 9 in win7 64bit DO NOT WORK

Hi -
I just "upgraded" my whole system to win7 64bit assuming (unfortunately) that since 8.0.4, the whole 64bit ASIO driver issues had been resolved. Well, at least I was able to use them before. Now, they simply do not work in 3rd party software. Using Sony Vegas Pro, or Sound Forge, or any other DAW, the cursor does not move during playback and there is no response in the meters. In other words, it's unuseable.

Is this a known issue and is it being worked on?

daeron80 04-07-2011 11:08 AM

Re: ASIO Drivers for Pro Tools 9 in win7 64bit DO NOT WORK

There are lots of people using other DAWs with Avid hardware on Win7x64. Must be a different problem. I assume you've gone through all the optimizations and are running as Admin?

cdmstudios 04-07-2011 12:32 PM

I'd love to hear from someone who is using one of Sony's products in ASIO mode in win7 64bit with Pro Tools 9 installed. I have heard from several sources that this is a known issue and would love to know if it's being worked on.

I did all the optimizations.

Bill Denton 04-07-2011 04:49 PM

Maybe I'm missing something, but since it is Sony products that aren't working, don't you think a Sony forum might be a more appropriate place for these questions?

George Ware 04-07-2011 07:40 PM

PT ASIO stopped working in Sony apps with 8.04 and up!
Acid 7, Vegas 9 & 10, Sound Forge 9 & 10.
Now I run PT 8.03 on one system with Sony and other apps and PT 9.02 on another. :confused:

George Ware

Top Jimmy 04-07-2011 07:48 PM

It's not just PT 9 on Win7/64. http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=296620

I forgot about Vegas and Sound Forge on my XP machine. I tried them both with the ASIO 8.0.5 Mbox 2 driver and they are dead in the water along with Reaper and Ableton Live.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but the issue appears to be with any program that uses both the inputs and outputs via ASIO. I have tried VIs and Reason Adapted and they all use the ASIO driver just fine. The common theme with those being that they don't use the inputs.

TOM@METRO 04-07-2011 08:50 PM

This is odd, but it is the way it is. All of our Sony applications distort audio and experience a total GUI failure thru the Avid drivers. We use an "EchoAudio Layla" for all the Sony Apps. And we leave the Avid interface for Avid only.

daeron80 04-08-2011 06:00 AM

Reaper works brilliantly with 002R on my Win7x64 machine. As do the few stand-alone VIs I have. I can also use it for Skype, both in- and outputs.

Sony is just like that. Remember the days of DAT machines, when all brands could play each other's tapes except Sony?

cdmstudios 04-08-2011 07:30 AM

I think saying "Sony is just like that" isn't the right response. It's clearly a clocking problem in the driver and needs to be addressed. There are a lot of us who share the Digi hardware with both Pro Tools and 3rd party apps and you would think Avid would want to know their driver works with all apps, not just one or two 3rd party ones.

I'm most interested in this thread reaching the Avid Tech folks so they know there is an actual reproducable problem

TOM@METRO 04-08-2011 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdmstudios (Post 1779679)
I think saying "Sony is just like that" isn't the right response. It's clearly a clocking problem in the driver and needs to be addressed. There are a lot of us who share the Digi hardware with both Pro Tools and 3rd party apps and you would think Avid would want to know their driver works with all apps, not just one or two 3rd party ones.

I'm most interested in this thread reaching the Avid Tech folks so they know there is an actual reproducable problem

+1