Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2018 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Track Presets not showing in Workspace [solved] (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=396604)

thanos4 01-24-2018 02:02 PM

Track Presets not showing in Workspace [solved]

Trying out the new feature with track presets and i must say that it will be a huge time saver in the future
However,i realised that tracks presets are not shown in workspace (Avid's and mine)
I tried deleting my workspace index and re-indexing it but nada...

Also.when i go to user>documents>Pro Tools>Track Presets i can see them and load them from workspace..

10.12.6 here

Anyone else having this?

musicman691 01-24-2018 02:26 PM

Re: Track Presets not showing in Workspace

Quote:

Originally Posted by thanos4 (Post 2470877)
Trying out the new feature with track presets and i must say that it will be a huge time saver in the future
However,i realised that tracks presets are not shown in workspace (Avid's and mine)

Also.when i go to user>documents>Pro Tools>Track Presets i can see them and load them from workspace..

10.12.6 here

Anyone else having this?

Are you talking about track presets one creates via the 'track preset hack' as in post #1 at this link: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=372691
? If so I access them via the new track creation window.

ChuckS 01-24-2018 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thanos4 (Post 2470877)

10.12.6 here

Anyone else having this?

PC or Mac? I can see them in the Workspace browser in the Locations pane on the PC. Haven't had a chance to check out the Mac yet. They're the next item after Volumes. Do you have the Locations pane open (little arrow in the bottom left corner).

thanos4 01-24-2018 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2470884)
Are you talking about track presets one creates via the 'track preset hack' as in post #1 at this link: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=372691
? If so I access them via the new track creation window.

No,i am referring to the new ones!!

john1192 01-24-2018 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thanos4 (Post 2470892)
No,i am referring to the new ones!!

how about a picture so you do not go back and forth !!! just sayin' might speed this process up a bit to help us understand what you are speaking about faster

thanos4 01-24-2018 02:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckS (Post 2470891)
PC or Mac? I can see them in the Workspace browser in the Locations pane on the PC. Haven't had a chance to check out the Mac yet. They're the next item after Volumes.

I am on a mac as i said with 10.12.6
I also see it in locations but it's empty

thanos4 01-24-2018 02:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
As i said,i can see them and load them when i go to user>documents>pro tools>track presets via the workspace
But they're not shown in the new "Track Presets" Location

john1192 01-24-2018 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thanos4 (Post 2470897)
As i said,i can see them and load them when i go to user>documents>pro tools>track presets via the workspace
But they're not shown in the new "Track Presets" Location

i see your pics now thank you and understand .. what version of PT are we talking here .. 2018-1 or 12.8.3 ??

i wil take a look here and see what i find ..

connor@@vid 01-24-2018 02:55 PM

It looks like your advanced search additions are causing the workspace to show only Audio Files. Try removing all of those advanced searches. Those options aren't coming up for me here with clean preferences when I view the Track Presets location. Oh, maybe you're opening workspace using the new Workspace > Soundbase settings instead of Default settings.. Try opening workspace using Window > New Workspace > Default or Option(mac)/alt(win) + ;

thanos4 01-24-2018 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john1192 (Post 2470902)
i see your pics now thank you and understand .. what version of PT are we talking here .. 2018-1 or 12.8.3 ??

i wil take a look here and see what i find ..

thanx John
2018.1 ..as "Track Presets" is a new feature we're talking about :D