Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Eleven Rack (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Guitar Input Stopped working - (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=299888)

DUlrich 04-25-2011 06:01 PM

Guitar Input Stopped working -

Ok so now i am really confused, Turned my eleven rack on and plugged in and nothing no sound... tried the tuner and nothing , I dont believe I inadvertantly changed anything so i did a "reset" via the front panel on the unit and it is still not working , am i missing something else to try, tried 2 different guitars and 3 cables... This is my 4th time actually using it.. very confused...

thanks
Dave

DUlrich 04-25-2011 06:10 PM

Re: Guitar Input Stopped working -

after turning it on and off a few times by the power on selector switch on the front to no avail.... I figured i would pull the power cord.... after plugging it back in that seems to have done the trick ...

It was like it was frozen.. i didnt catch it at first because i was able to use the dials and scroll, but the tuner was stuck on F ..

anyone else have this happen? should i be concerned?

Dave

Darryl Ramm 04-25-2011 06:24 PM

Arrrgggg I just can't face typing "clock problem" again (oops I just did).

See this thread and if you have a problem again do the test Chris suggests there to see if you have the clock hardware problem. If so contact Avid support.

Darryl

Chris Townsend 04-25-2011 10:43 PM

Thanks Darryl. It not much fun for me either. :-)

DUlrich 04-26-2011 02:08 AM

REg card says rev E but last digit on the s/n is an H on the unit... so pretty much wait until it does it again and switch the clock cycle? Or just call support ?

Chris Townsend 04-26-2011 10:15 AM

DULrich, I would wait until it happens one more time, and do the sample rate test just to be sure that's the problem. It would be a pain for you to send it in, if that wasn't really the problem. I would appreciate it if you'd let me know the result. You can send me a private message via the DUC.

DUlrich 04-27-2011 01:42 AM

Thanks Chris, when it happens again ill let you know ..

DUlrich 05-30-2011 01:23 PM

well it did it again .... clock said 44.1 as soon as i cahnged it to 48 ... it worked... :mad:

Benoni 05-30-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DUlrich (Post 1799946)
well it did it again .... clock said 44.1 as soon as i cahnged it to 48 ... it worked... :mad:

Contact Avid, get a replacement.

They will sort it out for you.

DUlrich 05-30-2011 01:49 PM

yea they are closed today ... very dissapointed as its been kind of sitting and i was finally making some head way today in using it