Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Delay Comp problems again, Delay comp is RED but way below limits. (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=311140)

soundeq 11-04-2011 08:43 PM

Delay Comp problems again, Delay comp is RED but way below limits.

I have tried re-tried to open, even copied session over at 44.1k instead of 48k
For the life of me, I cannot get the red delay compensation light to go off... I have turned delay comp off and on, even turned it off in the mixer engine and on again... There is only 1200 samples of delay needed (and shown in session setup) Mixer engine is set to long...:confused::confused:
Obviously something is screwy with delay comp in 9.0.5 :eek:

Here's photo proof....

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/...laycomp1-1.jpg

Oh the usual 9.0.5 / OSX 10.6.7 / Trashed all prefs... plugs current.. Restart etc...

danander11 11-05-2011 12:26 AM

Re: Delay Comp problems again, Delay comp is RED but way below limits.

Try changing to 11 processors at 99%.

soundeq 11-05-2011 12:29 AM

Tried 11 processors. Nope no dice...

crizdee 11-05-2011 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundeq (Post 1860942)
I have tried re-tried to open, even copied session over at 44.1k instead of 48k
For the life of me, I cannot get the red delay compensation light to go off... I have turned delay comp off and on, even turned it off in the mixer engine and on again... There is only 1200 samples of delay needed (and shown in session setup) Mixer engine is set to long...:confused::confused:
Obviously something is screwy with delay comp in 9.0.5 :eek:

Here's photo proof....

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/...laycomp1-1.jpg

Oh the usual 9.0.5 / OSX 10.6.7 / Trashed all prefs... plugs current.. Restart etc...

Hi,

Do you have any sends routed back to the same track? Like re generative delays etc? This causes the dly light to come on! Happens on my template for this reason

Chris

stargazer 11-05-2011 06:10 AM

Yes, Chris, it could be something like that.
Check your routings if you record your back mix via a bus etc.
Tip: Hover your mouse over the red delay indicator in the transport - you'll get info about the possible feedback loop.

Hakan

midnightrambler 11-05-2011 10:19 AM

I also got this when I had an aux track and had made the input inactive. It took me quite a while to figure out that's what it was.

soundeq 11-06-2011 03:08 PM

Tripple checked my routing... can't find a feedback loop anywhere, or an un-assigned aux.

K Roche 11-06-2011 03:16 PM

If you hover your curser over the delay box a little yellow window should appear that will tell you what and where the problem is if it's feedback loop or an inactive aux track etc.

soundeq 11-06-2011 03:42 PM

Got it... random feedback loop (fader wasn't up) on a hidden track... :-/ :rolleyes:

thanks for the rollover tip

Bushpig 11-08-2011 04:33 AM

Guys,

Thought about starting a separate thread, but decided to post here instead.

I've hit my first annoying snafu with PT10HD. My DLY light is permanently red because I use the standard "ping-pong" delay setup I've been using for years (all the way back to the old SSL and AMS delay routine). ie: DLY turns red because I have two mono aux's with a single long delay on each and send them back and forth between each other using pre fader send busses (gives me the fine control I need to set panning, feedback levels and filtering etc between each of the "pings" and "pongs" :D that I need).

PT10HD is reporting this to the delay compensation engine as an error when it most certainly is not. ie: when I put on (the annoying) tooltips and details, it correctly tells me that I have two channels feeding each other, but that's what I want and that NEVER used to post a red DLY light. I know my delay compensation situation is OK despite this, but now if and when I DO have a genuine compensation issue, I won't even know it because my residual attention will have retrained itself to say "the DLY light is ALWAYS red, no problem here, move along".

DTS. Any comment on why this was changed?? Can we please put it back the way it was or at least give us a pref for it. Something along the lines of "Report channel loops to delay compensation warning indicator -on/off"

Grrrrrrr! ;)

Cheers.

Steve Bush
www.music180.com/pros/5887