Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Virtual Instruments (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Xpand2 Pro Tools 12.4 Problem (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=378730)

k3r3n3 03-11-2016 08:03 AM

Xpand2 Pro Tools 12.4 Problem

Xpand2 and other Air Instruments Bundle Version 12 suddenly stops playing sound . It loads fine but when I hit the keyboard (M-audio Axiom Air 61) then it stops sounding. Other instruments viz...Ezdrummer , Kontakt , Reason etc. working fine.
Need help ASAP....plz

k3r3n3 03-26-2016 09:41 PM

Xpand2 missing sound in Pro Tools 12.4

Any ideas why I can't get Xpand!2 to sound when playing a MIDI keyboard direct onto a MIDI track? I am using Pro Tools 12.4.0, I have done everything that I am supposed to regarding arming the track, activating monitoring etc. The track shows it is getting MIDI signal and other plugins sound. The plugin works fine on previously recorded MIDI on Pro Tools . Just not as a live plugin on Pro Tools

k3r3n3 03-27-2016 09:25 PM

Re: Pro Tools 12 - Register, Download, Install, Activate (Video)

Any ideas why I can't get Xpand!2 to sound when playing a MIDI keyboard direct onto a MIDI track? I am using Pro Tools 12.4.0, I have done everything that I am supposed to regarding arming the track, activating monitoring etc. The track shows it is getting MIDI signal and other plugins sound. The plugin works fine on previously recorded MIDI on Pro Tools . Just not as a live plugin on Pro Tools

digi98 03-28-2016 08:16 AM

Xpand2 Pro Tools 12.4 Problem

Is it a MIDI track or an Instrument track? Other plugins in same track? Is midi channel set properly ?

DonaldM 03-28-2016 09:19 AM

Re: Xpand2 Pro Tools 12.4 Problem

Well, you're not giving us much to go on, so not sure how to help.

Create an instrument track. Instantiate Xpand on it. Record arm it. Call up a sound. Play the controller.

If you're MIDI studio is set up right to recognize your controller input, then you should hear Xpand2 playing.

If there are MIDI notes on the track, will it play those, but NOT when the controller is played?

Do you have a MIDI signal from the Controller getting into PT? (create a MIDI track, record arm, select your controller as the MIDI input to the track, and see if MIDI signal is there. If not...that's an issue with your MIDI set up).

Make sure the OUTPUT for the Instrument track has Xpand2 listed and it isn't greyed out or some other VI listed there.

Hope that helps.

k3r3n3 03-30-2016 05:11 AM

So sorry for delay...

Yes I am getting midi signal in my DAW , I/O , midi controller ....everywhere, but the problem is when I open my DAW for the first time it works (Xpand2)suddenly after some time sound gets missing. In the same time others instruments works fine. Only the AIR INSTRUMENTS BUNDLE giving problem.

digi98 03-30-2016 03:27 PM

There is nothing specific you do that kills xpand2? You're saying it's totally random when it chooses to stop after working fine?

k3r3n3 03-30-2016 11:23 PM

then....no solution at all ???

audioman1973 03-31-2016 10:24 AM

I'm assuming that you do have midi thru selected in the options drop down menu?

LightWing 04-01-2016 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k3r3n3 (Post 2341431)
Xpand2 and other Air Instruments Bundle Version 12 suddenly stops playing sound . It loads fine but when I hit the keyboard (M-audio Axiom Air 61) then it stops sounding. Other instruments viz...Ezdrummer , Kontakt , Reason etc. working fine.
Need help ASAP....plz

Had the same issue with an Axiom 49 a few months ago. Turned out the controller was going bad (had it for 7 years). Picked up a Nektar controller for my basic use of the AIR Plugins and it worked right out of the box under Win 7 Pro SP1.