Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 10-09-2015, 03:14 PM

Default Command 8 emulating MCU

Hi,

I'm attempting to use my Command 8 with reason and have been told there should be a firmware/software update for it which makes it emulate a Mackie Control.
I assume it would be just sending midi on different channel to the default preset in standalone mode right?
Does anyone know about this stuff?
Cheers
Old 10-10-2015, 08:39 AM

Default Re: Command 8 emulating MCU

Not exactly.

You'd have to switch it to MIDI mode, and select one of the presets from there.

I think there is a generic controller mapping in the first slot (it's years since I've messed around with those modes), and you can create your own mapping, and save that to another slot.

I was going to suggest searching the Command | 8 section of the DUC, because there certainly have been people who have created controller maps for use with Logic, amongst other DAWs, and shared the map as a SysEx file that you can import to the Command | 8.

However, I just noticed that Avid seem to have ditched most of that archive, and what used to be many pages of posts (including those controller maps that people had generously donated to the community), has been diluted down to a single page

What the hell?

Avid, what gives?

I'd suggest doing a google search : you may find those pages are cached somewhere, or they were also posted on other forums, such as Gearslutz.

Good luck!
Old 10-10-2015, 08:50 AM

Ok, weird tinfoil hat time :

Using the link I put in my previous post, it only shows one page of content on the Command | 8 archive.

However, if you use this link, the full archive is visible.

Not sure why that is, but apologies to Avid for blowing my stack a moment ago

Anyway, here is a map for Reason, that someone generously made available.
Old 10-10-2015, 03:12 PM

Thanks for the response,
and thanks for sharing that archived link, i'll trawl through that.
lol and yep thanks for the google advice as well haha, unfortunately googling it was the first thing i did.
and the first thing i came across was that mapping that guy had done for reason. Its for reason 3 i think, using the old mixer which isn't that great.
I have managed to get reason to respond to the command 8 but apparently to get the c8 to respond to reason it needs to be emulating a mackie control
(well thats what propellerhead told me)
they said i should ask avid for a firmware update or something, but yea, avid dont talk about command 8 anymore.