Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 05-18-2009, 10:16 AM

Default Chrome Tone or Eleven on Venue

Hey Guys,

Are any ya'll using Chrome Tone or Eleven on the Venue. It seems that the VOX that is on stage sounds completely different everyday, both level and tone. I know this should probably be addressed at the amp, however due to political reasons it isn't happening. I am wondering if I put a DI on the guitar just before it hits the amp and run that through the Chrome Tone or Eleven, if I can get a good consistant sound for the ears. I played with Eleven for a few minutes several months ago and my guitar player was pretty impressed. Has anybody had good luck with any particular setup?
Old 05-22-2009, 02:11 AM

Default Re: Chrome Tone or Eleven on Venue

I've used various amp sims with the Venue and they are pretty good. If you have the time to work with your guitar player to really dial in his tone, then you will be very happy with Eleven. I think when he sees that you can build snapshots to change his tone through out the set (without him having to tap dance) he will be VERY happy. He can also rest assured that even if his amp goes down on stage the show can go on because the audience will hear the same signal from him no matter what.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:07 PM

Default Re: Chrome Tone or Eleven on Venue

Those that know me know I am NOT a fan of guitar amp sims, it's not that I don't like them---but most sound too artificial to me. Hey, I'm used to great amps, mics, pres, etc. BUT I will say that, IMHO, ELEVEN is about the most realistic out there in terms of raw guitar tone. It's not about effects, or whirly twirly stuff...it's about just getting great tone and that it does incredibly well.