Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2009, 10:34 AM

Default Use of Suspend Automation

Hi everyone...

Can someone clarify me the use of suspend automation in Protools. I in particular was not able to know the use of it... So hoping someone will help me out...

Thanks in advance

Ramu
Old 02-14-2009, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Use of Suspend Automation

I use it a lot...

Maybe you just want to try something out without committing it to your automation (alt takes,mutes, etc.) Maybe you want to copy something in it's original form without the automation. Maybe you just want automation to not play for one reason or another.

You could do the same thing by turning the automation off with an option-click, but suspend is a little easier, especially if you have a control surface where it appears as a button.

Bob
Old 02-14-2009, 02:07 PM

Automation suspend I use a lot for VO recording when doing rev's to a mix. So I don't blast the Talent I just turn off automation then I can just temp drop the audio bed while tracking VO talent.

Also used a lot when auditioning new eq setting for a different angle / scene of a film.

cheers
Kevin
Old 02-14-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trakbytes View Post
You could do the same thing by turning the automation off with an option-click, but suspend is a little easier, especially if you have a control surface where it appears as a button.
Well it's not the same thing because you won't be able to get back your particular set of Reads vs. Offs etc. option-selecting all tracks to off.

The 003 console's support for automation control is excellent...The major reason I still have the 003 for mixing (whilst having moved over to the 2626 for tracking).
Old 02-15-2009, 08:18 AM

Thanks Friends,

But is there any special use of "suspend automation" instead of "turning off the automation".