Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2001, 07:33 AM

Default can\'t use my new drive "unauthorized"?????

I bought a new drive from the apple store (La Cie 60gig firewire) so i know it has passed all the product tests with apple. However, when I try to open a session it comes up with the old "can't find the audio file box". However, when I show it where the file is, it gives me an error box saying that the audio drive is not authorized???

What is up with that? It meets all the specs ie, 7200rpm and a seek rate of about 8.

So what do I have to do to authorize it? The only thing I could find was something about having the drive initialised with ATTO ExpressPro-Tools v2.3.2 anyone know if this could be my problem or how to do it. Thanks

[img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2001, 07:42 AM

Default Re: can\'t use my new drive "unauthorized"?????

P.S.
when I go to the ATTO site it gives me the folling 4 options, however, I have no Idea which I need (if any):

SCSI and Fibre Channel Mac Version 2.60 - (File Size 813KB) This download includes the Read me first file, ExpressPro-Tools, ExpressPro-Tools Extension. It can be used to configure the host adapter, create partitions, format partitions, and modify mode pages. A benchmark utility is also included.

PC SCSI Version 1.63 - (File Size 958KB) This file is for ATTO ExpressPCI SCSI cards only. This download includes the Windows NT Utility Setup Program, a Mode Page Editing program, a Benchmark Utility and a Configuration Utility. Download this file, unzip it, and run setup to install it.

PC Fibre Channel Version 2.00 Pro-Tools - (File Size 896KB) This file is for ATTO ExpressPCI Fibre Channel cards only. This download includes the Windows NT Utility Setup Program, a Mode Page Editing program, and a Benchmark Utility.

Solaris Fibre Channel Version 1.0 Pro-Tools - (File Size 8.44 KB) This file is for ATTO ExpressPCI Fibre Channel cards only. This program will allow you to easily configure the host adapter for specific environments as well as set up and control Persistent Bindings to target devices. Readme

still [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2001, 09:39 AM

The Express Pro Tools installer is on the LE Install CD. I pretty sure. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I also believe Digidesign has it for download on this site.

[ August 10, 2001: Message edited by: Michael Cottrell ]
Old 08-11-2001, 05:13 PM

I had the same problem with my LaCie (purchased from LaCie, though). I simply removed the LaCie Firewire Support driver, and let the default OS drivers take over. Works fine now.

HTH,
Jack
Old 08-12-2001, 08:50 AM

Yep that was it, thanks a lot. I just deleted the Lacie driver and restarted and everything works great.

Thanks [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]