Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2012, 05:33 AM

Default Who is running Mountain lion and HD native?

May have to get a new computer and they come ML just wondering if people have been running ML with HD Native 10 ?

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 12-04-2012, 11:54 PM

Default Re: Who is running Mountain lion and HD native?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
May have to get a new computer and they come ML just wondering if people have been running ML with HD Native 10 ?
Yes, doing that here on a MBP with the HD|N card attached via a Sonnet TB to PCI expansion box. All external drives and an external monitor attached via TB too.
I have all of my other "stuff" installed on the internal drive and I get occasional 9171 errors if I run PT on that. BUT I also have a PT-only partition (on part of the TB RAID system) and that's much more stable, suggesting that it's the general goings-on of other bits of software that are interfering with PT. That partition (not surprisingly) boots up much quicker too.
FaceBook
MySpace
Old 12-05-2012, 01:59 AM

Yep, running Mountain Lion here too. No serious issues. There is an issue when using the Mac outputs though (see https://discussions.apple.com/thread...t=855&tstart=0 - 58 pages and rising)
Old 12-05-2012, 09:59 AM

We've got 3 brand new MacPro 12-cores and were running HD10 on ML. Out of all of the systems, mine was having the worst problems, seldom recording for more than 3-4 minutes on a MONO track. No plugs, 44.1/24, recording to 1TB Black Caviar drive... massive amounts of errors and monitoring hiccups.

We reverted all systems back to Lion 10.7.5 with HD10.3.2 and everything is much happier. In all of the research I did, I really think it's an OS issue and not, necessarily, Avid's fault.

YMMV, but I'd start with Lion and go from there as things improve on BOTH sides of the fence.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:00 PM

Ok thanks guys I found out you can call apple support and get a download option for lion for $30

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 12-14-2012, 10:24 AM

I am but I'm running into hardware buffer issues with 2 tracks and minimal plug ins going. My system felt much more powerful running Lion. =(
Pro Tools Carbon | HD Native 2021.12 | HD I/O 8x8x8 | UA 4-710D | Avalon VT737 | Waves Mercury | Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's | Kontrol S61 | Maschine Studio | Eleven Rack | Pro Tools Control w/ 9.7" iPad Pro | Pro Tools Dock | S1 | MacPro 7,1: 16-core 96GB RAM W5700X GPU OS 11 1TB SSD +OWC 1m2 2TB SSD (samples) +Sonnet M.2 4x4 4x2TB Samsung Evo Plus SSDs in RAID 0 (sessions)
Old 12-15-2012, 04:19 AM

i begin to believe its hard to make differences of what are the causes of problems at the end because problems are multiples and always here with every os,every updates since beginning at just only difference degree or levels...

i just can say that I'm currently on mountain lion 10.8.2 and i pass more time by day to relaunch pro tools or rebbot,or have errors 9129 than recording and produce music...
Old 12-18-2012, 01:11 PM

I have same 92xx 91xx errors on M.Lion pt 10 10.3.

Seems to be realted to the Native Card and OSX 10.8.x

Been on a million forums about this. My Mac is brand new and only runs PT10.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:11 AM

If you read my previous post, we reverted all of our systems back to Lion and they're much happier.

Also, in my research I found users on the Apple site who aren't using ANY Avid products, but just trying to record using the optical IO of the Mac. They're having a lot of the issues we HD users are, i.e. skipping, odd delays, etc. Someone on the Apple forum suggested it's a problem with Core Audio, which would also effect any Avid cards.

Regardless, it needs to be settled by somebody. I know PTHD 10.3.3. is out and other users are saying it doesn't fix the problem.

Again, I'd drop back to OS 10.7 (Lion) if you can. The new MacPros will certainly run it. In fact, all of our MacPros are only a couple of months old... all 12-core, and they do Lion just fine. If your MacPro is that new, I would think Apple should give you a Lion install for free if you need to fall back.

G'luck!
Old 02-05-2013, 07:32 PM

Angry Re: Who is running Mountain lion and HD native?

I Feel Totally ripped off here. I run a very High Profile studio (Britney Spears, Will I AM, etc). We just opened several months ago. We had a 8 core with PT 9 and 10.6.8 that worked beautiful until the fire-wire ports stopped working and apple care was forced to replace the computer with what we figured was a better 12 core with 10.8.2. (we check compatibility with AVID by calling prior to making the swap, they said it would work beautifully with no known issues) After having to pay for all the software updates again, we find out the system is barely stable enough to play for 1 second with out getting these 9171, 9172 and 9029 errors.

We've had to rent a PT for over a month now as AVID is unable to solve our issues.

Ive spent thousands of dollars on tech visits and everyone is bewildered as to why the system wont work. Im considering selling this HD Native system now and take another loss to get a stable HD3 rig on an older MAC PRO. Unfortunately We will now have to buy a protools system & plugin versions (This time TDM) for a 3rd time.

This time we are involving attorneys if this doesn't get resolved with no further out of pocket expenses.

These Systems Do NOT work properly for whatever reason.

AVID has been mostly unresponsive in their tech support efforts.

We've had a huge rental expense added to our monthly bills now.

I feel for everyone who is going through this as well. This is not the way to treat your customers AVID.