Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2022, 10:50 AM

Default Help with Avid HD I/O Interface and WC

Hi,

I am connecting 1 Avid HD I/O and 1 Lynx Aurora to a WC, each has his own WC Cable coming from the WC Distribution.

I setup up both Interfaces to external.

All looks good until I open Pro Tools and Ironically the Avid HD i/o goes to internal.

I checked in Hardware Setup and all is in External Clock 48khz.

even when Pro Tools is closed I went to Avid Audio MIDI Setup when to Configure Device and all are external Clock 48khz.

No idea why when Pro Tools opens the Avid HD i/O Interface goes to Internal.

Any advice?

Thanks.
Old 09-01-2022, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Help with Avid HD I/O Interface and WC

Go to your Session Setup window, change the clock source from there (if you have multiple Avid devices, you have to go to each device and set it to external clock.) So pick device, set to external clock you want for that device. Then pick the next device (and so on and so on.) This is NOT the master clock select (though the last device you do will show as the loop master light on the Avid interface) You will see the clock set to EXT on each device as you do this.

This saves with the session.

Yes, it is dumb it does not save with the system.

(I have been in many studios where this is not understood. And sometimes they'll have 3 out of 4 devices set to external but 1 not set -- and they'll wonder why they are getting clicks and it turns out the clicks are only on inputs into that one device. This is especially problematic when using sessions from other places since this does not save with the system but with the session.)
Old 09-01-2022, 05:53 PM

Man, you Rock!

Thank you!

What an illogical thing.. I thought all the WC Setup was done in Hardware!

Thank you!!!
Old 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM

You don't mention what word clock generator you are using. Have you tried using the HD IO as the master and feeding word clock from it to the Lynx and leave out the external WC unit? You might be surprised to not hear any difference(and negate the hassle you now are having)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave