Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-15-2010, 02:49 PM

Default BRAND NEWBIE HERE: 1st error message - couldn't locate info in a "search"

I just got my PT up and running for the first time. I am using the video to learn.

I just thought I'd lay a guitar track down and when I push "record" I get the following message after about 5 seconds.

THE OPERATING SYSTEM HELD OFF INTERUPTS FOR TOO LONG. IF THIS OCCURS OFTEN, TRY INCREASING THE "H/W BUFFER SIZE" IN THE PLAYBACK ENGINE DIALOG. (-9093)

can somebody please explain what that means?
Old 02-15-2010, 02:54 PM

Default Re: BRAND NEWBIE HERE: 1st error message - couldn't locate info in a "search"

What are you using for a dedicated audio (recording) drive?
Note that you gave us ZERO information about your system, so all we can do is make wild guesses and
shoot in the dark. No mention of what OS, what version of Pro Tools, what interface......
Please read the "help us help you" thread at the top of this forum and follow the links to post a Sandra report.
Then the solutions will flow like milk and honey......
Old 02-15-2010, 02:56 PM

Default Re: BRAND NEWBIE HERE: 1st error message - couldn't locate info in a "search"

Could mean several things, including a non-compatible PC. You'll need to do some reading here
Help us help you - what you need to know before posting!
then here
General Troubleshooting - Pro Tools LE on Windows (XP & Vista)
and follow the instructions in the first link so you can provide a Sandra report. Without that report, no one can really help. Spend an hour or two reading the first page of threads and you will see some reports(so you know what it should look like) and remember one thing; you CAN'T give too much info

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-15-2010, 03:12 PM

okay..thank you

(damn this is frustrating crap. I"m really having second thoughts of even using PT's. Nowadays, I NEVER see pain in the ass stuff like this. It reminds me of when I got a computer 15 years ago)
Old 02-15-2010, 03:21 PM

It isn't a pain in the ass if you follow the recommendations.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csrMark View Post
okay..thank you

(damn this is frustrating crap. I"m really having second thoughts of even using PT's. Nowadays, I NEVER see pain in the ass stuff like this. It reminds me of when I got a computer 15 years ago)
Don't be so quick to judge PT. As technology changes, so does the tools that we use. It will work it self out in the end I'm sure. And maybe you have used the other programs available without problems, but they are all different tools in there own way, and have problems too.
Just saying. I have PT 8.0.3 working pretty good now. I worked on a session the other day with 25 tracks, a lot of RTAS inserts, and it was up and running for about 7 hours. I was also searching the duc and working on my website without shutting down once. So it's possible.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:29 PM

I have the Mbox2 Mini

Pro Tools LE version 7.3.1

Windows XP Home with Service Pack 3

IDE ATA/ATAPI CONTROLLERS
Intel 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers

1.50 Gig of ram

When I went to the "compatibility" secition under XP Home. The link for 7.3 was not an active link. I could click on

and that's it?

I'm still reading but I don't understand alot of this stuff..............too much crap
Old 02-15-2010, 03:31 PM

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?query=7.3
Does this help?
Old 02-15-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by necjamc View Post
Yep, that seems to help but it appears as thou I have everything needed?
Old 02-15-2010, 03:49 PM

Did you try increasing your h/w buffer size?