Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2007, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Help-Bad Data Midi Chunk List

Quote:

because ; when you are working and when auto back up is on , everytime auto back up function over writes the data of previous back up files .
Try setting it to keep 99 so you have better odds (until they fix this). You should also periodically "Save As...".

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 05-27-2007, 12:13 AM

I was interested to see if the problem is every session or just the sessions that becomes corrupt. There is value in "Save as" with a version number as well as a big backup safety set to 99.
This must be related to Midi activity as I have never seen it and my Midi usage is very limited. This is a worrying problem. I hope you get a response from Digidesign.
Simon L.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:55 PM

This is the point that i am hopeless

Mr Phil Buckle complained about that he sent his defected file , than later on digi didnt response him. even it happened twice to him i guess.

abd also in their one answer , they didnt believe this is a bug .

ok i guess the word ''bug'' dont make people happy. lets find another name instead of it . ''problem''

at least people had lost their work has to know , why it is happened . and if there is a specific ''user fault'' (if writing too many midis a probem in pro tools) we have to be carefull about it at the future.

but we have to know what is it . this is the most important point
Old 10-01-2007, 12:30 PM

Hey Dreamgroove,

This just happened to me today. I've done all the usual DIGI recommended stuff.

Still the session is corrupt. Can anyone help solve this???

Thanks,

-Christian Stonehouse
Old 11-24-2007, 07:07 PM

This just happened to me. Lost a session that i'm doing on a tight timeline....now i'm completely screwed! DIGI, you need to fix this ASAP...i really can't believe these threads have been going for this many months and you haven't figured it out.....At the very least you need to warn people that at any time their sessions could suddenly be corrupted so do a "save as" everytime you do anything.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:06 PM

Pwer Mac dual 2.7
PTHD 1 7.2

...just got this problem on a film score...and I'm seeing complaints dating back 6 months. Is there still no fix? Importing tracks into new session does nor work. Trashing prefs does not work.
Luckily, I recovered an auto-saved session, but lost many hours of midi work. Any bug fixes, Digi?