Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2016, 04:47 PM

Default S6 Bug Report: Shift Modifier Latching with Soft Keys

I'm using the default soft keys set. When I try to "save as" using the Shift modifier and the clear button, after the save completes the shift button is still engaged. It seems to latch. So any keystrokes or mouse commands function as if I'm holding down shift on my keyboard. Pressing shift on my keyboard does nothing to cancel out the latching. I must press the shift modifier on the S6.

It doesn't happen with all shift modifiers, and I haven't done much testing (or noticed issues with other modifier keys) However, I think it might have something to do with a dialog coming up on the computer screen. If I program another soft key using the shift layer and the eucon command "select all" it acts as it should, releasing the shift functionality. But if I create a soft key to create a memory location, which brings up a dialog box on screen, the latching shift bug is back.

Can anyone else confirm?

Windows 7. PT 12.5. S6 M40 v2.1.1.68
Old 04-29-2016, 07:39 AM
Avid

Default Re: S6 Bug Report: Shift Modifier Latching with Soft Keys

Greetings,

I verified that exact behavior here. Checking into it to now.

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 05-29-2016, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Smith View Post
I'm using the default soft keys set. When I try to "save as" using the Shift modifier and the clear button, after the save completes the shift button is still engaged. It seems to latch. So any keystrokes or mouse commands function as if I'm holding down shift on my keyboard. Pressing shift on my keyboard does nothing to cancel out the latching. I must press the shift modifier on the S6.

It doesn't happen with all shift modifiers, and I haven't done much testing (or noticed issues with other modifier keys) However, I think it might have something to do with a dialog coming up on the computer screen. If I program another soft key using the shift layer and the eucon command "select all" it acts as it should, releasing the shift functionality. But if I create a soft key to create a memory location, which brings up a dialog box on screen, the latching shift bug is back.

Can anyone else confirm?

Windows 7. PT 12.5. S6 M40 v2.1.1.68
Reproduced here.

I think Eddie has already logged this as a bug?
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=378811
Old 05-29-2016, 01:39 PM

Looks like it. Thanks Dave. I searched a little in the forum for similar threads. But I didn't find yours.

I have tested other modifiers and it seems to latch all of them. So I've stopped using the modifiers plus soft key combos.