Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software

Old 11-27-2002, 10:58 PM

Default Sound Designer

Is this program Free yet?

There is a free version of ProTools?
Old 12-03-2002, 09:24 AM

Default Re: Sound Designer

Sorry, there is no free version of SDII.

Pro Tools Free is available here.
Old 12-09-2002, 02:00 PM

Since you no longer develop or support SDII, why not make it free. What happens to us when our installer discs go bad?
Old 12-09-2002, 02:05 PM

It's funny that their Flag Ship App ProTools has a Free Version but the Old Sled of an App Sound Designer still holds some Value some How?
Old 12-10-2002, 01:43 PM

> Since you no longer develop or support SDII, why not make it free.

Because it doesn't work on any current hardware, and was never qualified with OS 9 and later. What computer/OS/digi hardware are you running?

> What happens to us when our installer discs go bad?

Let us know, and we'll do our best to solve the problem.
Old 12-11-2002, 06:16 AM

Im getting a little teary eyed and reminicent here about SD II.......I first started using digital audio with SD II and AM II nubus sytemon a mac II ci....(Whew mercy)......My only question is since SD II files are the root files for Pro Tools production and quite a fewr mac applications.....why not give us a editing program that allows us direct conection to these files( yes i have peak Le and peak TDM.....but its not the same) sometime id like to just open an audio file and go right to root editing and sound design destructivly....Hey why not Sound Designer III.......i bet thousnads of Digi users would rush to buy it if it worked with HD / Mix and Le hardware....make it OS X compatible.......Most digi users love your products and would love to stay in the digi family with thier apps. Even a very simple desrtuctive stereo version of app( a small app indeed that would or could take just on software programmer to write it) would be a faboulous idea........lets all chant

BRING BACK SOUND DESIGNER
Old 12-11-2002, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JC:
Because it doesn't work on any current hardware, and was never qualified with OS 9 and later.
More Reasons to set it Free
Old 12-15-2002, 12:20 AM

For all of you that are wishing SDII to "Go Away!", I strongly urge you to reconsider!! There is still a large demographic of users out there that don't mind using other interfaces (other than Digi boxes) that need this kind of app. For instance, what of the classical music editors?? Are we to believe that intensive 2 track playlist editing is completely phased out?? What about those of us that started with splicing tape? SDII is the closest thing that we have to that way of thinking with the benifits of digital editing.
I Pearsonaly would like to see (and would gladly pay for) the app to be 24 bit 96 kHz compatible with mabey a few more "undo's!" Not much to ask from a programer or programing team associated with the second largest destination of my professional income. Customer support could be grately improved in this area.
We all had to start somewhere, and what a better way to truely understand what digital audio editing is than to teach "playlist editing?"
Old 12-21-2002, 12:12 AM

Hi JC

HELP! Just discovered my SDII Installer disk is dodgy and refuses to authorise an installation on a new hard drive. The old drive needs re-initialising and OS re-installing (it's corrupt). I can get by in the short term but SDII is VITAL for most of my work. Can you let me have a new authorisation disk please? I'm in the UK - should I contact Digi UK?

David Wright
Gemini Sound
Old 12-23-2002, 11:58 AM
Avid

David,

As long as you're registered we can send you a replacement disk. You can contact the UK office at:

Phone: 44 (0)1753.653.322
Fax: 44 (0)1753.658.501
Email: [email protected]

regards,
mike