Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 11:02 PM

Default Help with Oxygen 49, PTLE, and AIR Instruments

Sorry guys, I'm sure this has been covered a million times. But I've been out of the loop so long honestly I've forgotten how to use Midi. I need to get my Oxygen49 configured to work with PTLE 7.3.1. I have just bought the Oxygen49, upgraded to PTLE 7.3.1, and bought the new Strike. Plus I downloaded Structure Free.
Starting from scratch, I need to get all these to work together. And yes I have read the manuals. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:36 AM

Default Re: Help with Oxygen 49, PTLE, and AIR Instruments

Mac or PC?

What have you done so far?

Best you give something a shot and report back once you hit a roadblock. It's not too often people will respond with a "plug this into this" over and over as the same questions arise
Old 09-04-2007, 11:05 PM

PC

Yeah your right, I used to be one who couldn't much tolerate the redundant questions. Now 2 years later and an 18 year marriage gone, I am trying to rebuild my life and my knowledge of PT. Who would have thought trying to get a midi controller to trigger Strike in PT would be so difficult.

I have Strike on an Instrument Channel... and though I've went through many different input and output configurations, nothing.

I'm still reading the PT manual, the Strike manual, and the Oxygen Manual trying to retrace everything.

Any help or links would greatly be appreciated as I have forgotten EVERYTHING I used to know.

..now I know why I am a guitar player...
Old 09-05-2007, 03:55 AM

Hey mate, great to hear you're kicking on as life goes on.

Have you installed (if applicable) the drivers for the controller?

If that's all sorted, then sorry, I've no idea from there. I'm on a Mac, and as long as the gear shows up in the Audio MIDI Setup application, and is checked as an "input device" in Pro Tools, then it just works, so to speak.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:21 PM

Ive just about got it. Thanks. Only trying to get Strike to record the midi notes to the track now...