Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2010, 04:23 PM

Default M-Powered 8 Essential -> M-Powered 8 Upgrade

Don't worry, I'm not asking if there is an upgrade for Essential to turn it into M-Powered 8!! (Do you get an iLOK key with the full version? I presume that's why no upgrade exists...though they could have made an upgrade program that will turn a USB Drive into an iLOK key surely? Would leave it wide open for piracy though assuming the iLOK provided is locked down pretty tight...hmmmm...enough of that tangent though!!)

My question is; where is the best (cheapest) place to buy Pro Tools M-Powered 8 in the UK. I currently have Essential since it was bundled with my fast track, but the lack of functionality compared with the full version is annoying me somewhat, and having read that you can't add additional third party plugins and instrument packs to essentials, I'm going to need the full version sooner or later anyway (assuming you can do that with the full version...anyone care to shed some light on that?)

Thanks for the help!!
Old 08-09-2011, 07:01 AM

Default Re: M-Powered 8 Essential -> M-Powered 8 Upgrade

Bummer this never got answered, it is exactly the info I'm looking for.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:05 AM

Have you tried eBay or Amazon for used copies?
Blog For Beats Facebook
My Twitter