Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 01-14-2010, 02:56 PM

Default Oxygen8/PT plugins

I may have gone and messed things up, I hope someone out there can clear this up. I was working with the AIR instruments bundled with PT8, and I was first working with Boom, and had no problems assigning Boom's parameters to the CCs on my controller. I then searched M-Audio to find how to control PT's transport using the controller. No issues there, but now I can't seem to assign any of Boom's (or any other plugins') parameters to the CCs correctly anymore. Each of the eight knobs on the controller simply make only one value in Boom snap to a fixed position. I've tried every option available from Forget and Learn CC, Min Value, Max Value, nothing is working. I'd like just that extra bit of flexibility in using tangible knobs to adjust parameters in the plugins. Any ideas? M-Audio instructed me to recall Preset 09 on the controller, and then to find Machine Control under Peripherals in PT, and to enable Slave mode. The transport worked then, but assigning parameters stopped working.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:29 AM

Default Re: Oxygen8/PT plugins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Genius Records View Post
I'd like just that extra bit of flexibility in using tangible knobs to adjust parameters in the plugins. Any ideas? M-Audio instructed me to recall Preset 09 on the controller, and then to find Machine Control under Peripherals in PT, and to enable Slave mode. The transport worked then, but assigning parameters stopped working.
I would recommend you to use Enigma Librarian\Editor for M-Audio MIDI keyboards. Backup your device memory and start to design new Oxygen preset from scratch.
Use "s n o i z e : MIDI Monitor" software to see which MIDI CCs you controller sends to DAW when you turn knob or touch fader.
Try to setup new Pro Tools session just for tuning yours Oxygen preset.
Once you get everything working properly - switch back to you mix.
m1active 520 & sub gw s750, deq230, cx2310
Old 01-15-2010, 01:12 PM

It's the setting up a preset that I'm still a bit confused on. We use MIDI Monitor at school, it's a very helpful tool. And in using Enigma, I can see where I can assign commands to the different buttons and knobs on my controller, but I'm still not sure how I can create a preset for Pro Tools plugins.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:49 PM

Any time I try to upload a new preset to my controller, I simply get "OFF" on my LED display.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:11 PM

Through trial, tribulation, tears, and tyranny I've finally got it. Thanks!
Old 01-15-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Genius Records View Post
Any time I try to upload a new preset to my controller, I simply get "OFF" on my LED display.
Sorry. This "OFF" error appears when Oxygen preset created from scratch.
I just ignore it. But it can be solved: http://forums.m-audio.com/showthread...oblem-RESOLVED

After fixing, as it described in M-Audio forum, i just drag and drop my control assignments and overwrite factory settings without redoing control assignments from scratch.
m1active 520 & sub gw s750, deq230, cx2310
Old 01-17-2010, 02:28 PM

It shouldn't be "ignored," I just didn't understand why it kept telling me "OFF," but I've FINALLY got it all figured out.