Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 12-30-2005, 10:35 AM

Default PT 7.1cs2 Quad Finder Problems

Well here at the bleeding edge, other things that are not working for me other than the Fade dialog box bug.... In all previous versions of PT i was able to drag & drop audio files onto the PT icon and it would import them into my session, and / or just double clicking on audio files in the finder would drop them in my session..... PT 7.1 doesn't do this.... so for example.. if i wanted to import every full mix on a drive into one session, I'd just do a search of all full mixes on that drive... and drag & Drop them from the search find window into protools. no matter how sub -seeded they were in numerous folders.... this doesn't work in PT 7 so i gottta go into each folder one by one to get everything to import them all in the import window... UGHHH!!!!

any thoughts anyone ?

Cheers Tom..
Old 12-30-2005, 10:40 AM

Default Re: PT 7.1cs2 Quad Finder Problems

Tom

Have you tried dropping them into the Region List (not on the icon).. or directly on the timeline to place them on tracks, or create new tracks (by dragging & dropping them below the existing tracks).

Have a great New Year!

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 12-30-2005, 10:48 AM

Default Re: PT 7.1cs2 Quad Finder Problems

Ha once again Rail comes through.... Yes that seems to work....... are the activites i described above illegal now ? or should they still work ? because that would involve keeping the protools screen up while i'm doing all this finder searching around..,,, it's easier to have a bunch of finder windows open and drop select stuff on the PT icon rather than resizing the protools screen to see the finder and the PT Region bin together in order to drop files into there....

Cheers Tom..