Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio

Old 09-11-2022, 07:34 AM

Default DADman monitor profile loses saved settings on restart

Hi!

On installing software on my new Mac Studio 12.5.1 with MTRX, I came across a weird bug with DADman 5.6.3.8 (or so it seems...):

When I finish programming my monitoring setup in Monitor Profile and save the file, on re-load several of the routings and custom names given to particular inputs and outputs are ignored, leaving them empty in the profile setup.

What to do?

Regards,

Javed Kurd
Oslo, Norway
Old 09-11-2022, 07:48 AM

Default Re: DADman monitor profile loses saved settings on restart

Check file/folder permissions.

Try resaving a new profile to a new folder.

2019 Mac Pro, 2022 Mac Studio Ultra
Avid S6, HDX2, MTRX II, MTRX, DAD AX64, AX32, Focusrite Rednet PCIER, Trinnov MC8 Pro.
Studio: https://www.voltperoctave.com | Music: https://www.euclideancircuits.com
Latest Article: Auto-Bounce for Logic Pro

Affiliate Links:
Auto-Bounce by Tom Salta
Dreamhost Web Hosting
Old 09-11-2022, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karegranat View Post
Hi!

On installing software on my new Mac Studio 12.5.1 with MTRX, I came across a weird bug with DADman 5.6.3.8 (or so it seems...):

When I finish programming my monitoring setup in Monitor Profile and save the file, on re-load several of the routings and custom names given to particular inputs and outputs are ignored, leaving them empty in the profile setup.

What to do?

Regards,

Javed Kurd
Oslo, Norway
That's a strange one. I would create another Monitor Profile Setup and also make sure things are talking to each other. The latest version with Monterey is working solid for me here in my room Jeff Komar is the guy to reach out to. His handle here is creative control I think. I'm sure he is around on Monday for sure, but it sucks when Dadman is a mess.

G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.5, DP 11.3, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 09-11-2022, 09:25 AM
Avid

Greetings,

Are you 100% sure you are performing a File > Save Profile As (.dmprof) and not Save > File As (.dms)?

They are independent files that need to be managed separately.

Also - agree with the permissions check. I would recommend storing your DADman data files under a path such as Users/Documents/DADman/

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 09-11-2022, 09:32 AM

Hi, Jeff, and thanks for chiming in!

Yes, as a longtime user of DAD hardware, I’m well aware that the are two sets of files. I’ve also paid special attention to the saving procedure, to make sure that files are actually saved properly. The file creation time and date is updated for every save.

J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2022, 10:31 AM
Avid

Understood. If you've checked the files, permissions and save dates - you may want to try making a new empty monitor profile -> then use Settings > Monitor Profile > Import from Profile to bring in all of your current bits including Sources, Outputs with trims and tunings, Folddowns, etc.

For best practices, don't set DADman to auto-launch when the computer boots unless you have the appropriate delays inserted. Once booted, you should have DADman set to auto-restore both .dms and .dmprof.

Let us know.

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 09-12-2022, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
Understood. If you've checked the files, permissions and save dates - you may want to try making a new empty monitor profile -> then use Settings > Monitor Profile > Import from Profile to bring in all of your current bits including Sources, Outputs with trims and tunings, Folddowns, etc.

For best practices, don't set DADman to auto-launch when the computer boots unless you have the appropriate delays inserted. Once booted, you should have DADman set to auto-restore both .dms and .dmprof.

Let us know.

Jeff
Hey Jeff, After I get done with this series in a week or so, maybe we can check all my DadMad stuff again. My system was working fine, then I am back to the force quit to close again.. Up at 5am and saw this. I'll email you if needed.
Later, G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.5, DP 11.3, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 09-16-2022, 09:04 AM

Hi again!

I've tried saving to different locations and disks, but still faulty recall on some of the monitor profile outputs.

I have, however, narrowed it down to one set of particular speaker outputs, the 8 routings from MADI module 2 beginning at channel 17 and upwards. Labels stay connected to the particular sources and outputs, but it is the assignments of those 8 outputs that are lost.

Any ideas? The workaround is to manually assign those particular outputs on every reboot, but it's kind of tedious and can, if not careful enough, give very unpleasant and dangerous soundlehvels coming from the unassigned speakers.

Thank you again for your help here!

Javed Kurd, Oslo Norway.
Old 09-16-2022, 12:39 PM
Avid

Yes, I believe I have a solution. PM me.

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 10-10-2022, 03:16 PM

Hey there! Can you share your solution for this? We are experiencing the same issue using a MTRX with DADman software for macOS Ver. 5.6.3 build 8. Any info would be greatly appreciated!