Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2013, 11:40 PM

Default Tried to transfer a license they the ilok manager

Didn't work

Incident #SI2505548

It stuck after the cc page for more than an hour - I couldn't do it wouldn't go thru

Is there a manual way to do this ? Can ilok support so this for me ?

"If it ain't broke it surely must need to be upgraded" - ilok manual rules to live by page 1.

#thisisridiculouspace
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.

Last edited by YYR123; 07-02-2013 at 06:43 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:13 AM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: Tried to transfer a license they the ilok manager

They posted about a new iLok License Manager earlier today.

This is on the Known Issues page:

Quote:
New iLok License Manager version available

July 1, 2013 15:55 PST Update
This new version addresses previously reported issues with License Transfers to a different account.
Windows Users: To upgrade your Windows system, please install this version without uninstalling your current version. The original version had a problem that caused an uninstall to fail on 32-bit systems. That issue will be fixed when you install this new version.
Quote:
License Transfer of Ownership

July 1, 2013 15:45 PST
The new iLok License Manager version addresses most license transfer issues. See the previous entry. If you are having a problem when initiating a license transfer, please use the Sync/Repair option on the iLok that contains the license first and then try the transfer. If your transfer stalls at the order screen, make sure you are filling in the appropriate fields in the payment form.

Please use the following steps to perform a Sync/Repair operation.

IMPORTANT: For the quickest and best result, we recommend going through these steps with each affected iLok individually, with ONLY that iLok plugged in.

The first generation iLok is not as speedy as the second generation iLok; please be patient as this type of iLok will take longer and the process may seem slow or like nothing is happening. Don’t quit the process, leave it alone until it is finished. Seriously! Don’t touch the keyboard.

Unplug all iLoks from your computer.
Launch iLok License Manager. If you see "operation in progress" immediately upon launching, wait until the message clears before signing in. BE PATIENT. Do not close the application. When the initial operation is finished, sign in.
Plug in ONE iLok.
Double-click the plugged in iLok in the left-hand location column to open the Details Pane.
Click the "Sync/Repair" link, and wait until the process completes. Again, be patient and let it do its job. The progress bar may flicker and at some points it may look like nothing is happening but you need to wait for the confirmation that the process is finished. This may take some time, especially for a first generation iLok.
Verify that all expected licenses are now seen on your iLok, or in some cases, a license may be in your account instead of on the iLok. All expired licenses will be moved to your account.

Repeat steps 3-6 until you have performed a Sync/Repair on each iLok.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:48 AM

Default Re: Tried to transfer a license they the ilok manager

Yeah i did that - Didn't help....Filled out the form correctly

To be honest why in God's Name don't they use paypal.......I mean they are making us pay for a service.....Paypal is used all over the world and it is sooooo easy.

I can buy a computer from mexico with my phone and ship it to another address........why can't pace make a transaction for $25 piddly dollars......It is not your fault and I appreciate your help in the matter but the level of functional incompetence is quite astounding............

edit....I am redownloading another copy of ilm.....windows has not worked for me.....my desktop mac did however let me login and move the license from 1 ilok to another......Still not what I am looking to do.....

#thisshouldbefixedalready
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.

Last edited by YYR123; 07-02-2013 at 06:53 AM. Reason: info