Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2021, 06:48 PM

Default MTRX Studio with Dante on the secondary Ethernet port on an unmanaged switch?

I have three Dante Virtual Soundcard devices with dedicated Ethernet ports, a Dante AVIO device, and a MTRX Studio's second port all connected to a unmanaged switch with nothing else connected to it to use as a dedicated Dante network. I am attempting to make them all show up properly in Dante Controller with the MTRX Studio being the master. The DVS instances and the Dante AVIO all have self-assigned 169.* IP addresses. The MTRX Studio is set up in DADman to the redundant Ethernet switch mode. From how I interpret the instructions, this is the mode which sets the first port to be the control port, and the second port to be the Dante port, but this mode enables a secondary Dante connection in the network settings of unit. I'm not sure where this secondary connection would be, and I'm not sure which of these is supposed to be the 2nd port on my MTRX studio which is supposed to be the only Dante connection

I have the MTRX Studio set to obtain IP addresses automatically on the control port as well as the primary and secondary Dante interfaces. The primary port seems to see some type of DHCP server and has a 192.* address, while the secondary port has a 172.* address. Dante Controller is giving me errors suggesting the primary and secondary ports are connected to each other when this is not the case. How do I get the MTRX studio running properly with Dante Controller on a dedicated unmanaged switch network for Dante from the second Ethernet port?

Last edited by polyh3dron; 05-01-2021 at 07:38 PM.