Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 03-11-2022, 10:21 AM

Default Avid dock cannot be selected in EuCon

I recently installed PT Ultimate 2021.12. I have 2 S1 units and an AVID dock connected to my 2019 MBP running Big sur 11.6.3. The S1 units are recognized by EuCon and appear in the EuCon control surface window and have IP addresses assigned to them. My 2019 Macbook Pro (Big Sur 11.6.3) has the most current version of EuCon. All controllers use AVID-approved tablets (Amazon Fire HD10 for the S1 units and an iPad Pro 2. Gen. for the dock) and have the latest version of Avid Control installed.

My problem:
The dock appears only sometimes on the Eucon list of available control surfaces. As soon as I select it with the intention of dragging it into the MY CONTROL SURFACES window (after which I intend to link it with my last remaining instance of Avid Control), it immediately disappears. Other times, it fails to appear on the list of available surfaces at all. Sometimes the message appears “Dock is having connection issues. When I turn the dock off as instructed in the message, another pop-up message appears saying “unable to connect to the unit named “Avid dock”, suggesting that EuCon is somehow seeing the dock but not allowing me to select it as one of my control surfaces.
Sometimes the dock appears in ALL SURFACES and in MY SURFACES, blinking on and off approximately every 15 seconds.
Note:
I successfully registered the EuCon card that came with the dock and both appear in the list of my products in my Avid master account.
I have checked and swapped all ethernet cables and confirmed switch port functionality. Both S1 units have different IP Addresses assigned to them and are ok.
My question: How can I establish a connection to the dock and link it with Avid control. My 2019 Macbook Pro (Big Sur 11.6.3) has the most current version of EuCon. All controllers use AVID-approved tablets (Amazon Fire HD10 for the S1 units and an iPad Pro 2. Gen. for the dock) and have the latest version of Avid Control installed.
Old 03-12-2022, 08:11 AM
Avid

Default Re: Avid dock cannot be selected in EuCon

Are you saying you have assigned static IP addresses to the S1's but not the Dock? Why? What are the addresses of the S1's. How is your network setup....do you have a router or switch, how are the connections?
Old 03-13-2022, 12:39 AM

SOLVED.
After trying multiple times to allow EuCon to recognize the dock, it suddenly worked. The only thing I did differently this time was to connect the dock directly to my MacBook Pro instead of using the switch. Once I was able to select the dock and move it to MY SURFACES, I was able to update the firmware. After that, everything worked.
Old 04-30-2022, 05:29 PM

yeah, weird problem, probably network DNS or firewall (or both) related. Have to use ethernet cable to connect the PC to the Dock, then EuCon will recognize the Dock, add it to my surface, then reconnect both to your switch, and it "may" work from then on. But the problem is, it's not reliable and connection is problematic

Last edited by mbo; 04-30-2022 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-30-2022, 07:36 PM

The app updated itself and is working now.
Old 01-29-2023, 02:26 PM

I have just purchased a "reconditioned" used Dock... trying to set it up on my MBP... Pro Tools 2022.12... registered & installed Eucontrol software... Pro Tools works with Avid Control on iPad no problem... but the Dock is NOT available in the "Surfaces" list... what am I missing here? please advise? Thx
Old 01-30-2023, 09:15 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarthur View Post
I have just purchased a "reconditioned" used Dock... trying to set it up on my MBP... Pro Tools 2022.12... registered & installed Eucontrol software... Pro Tools works with Avid Control on iPad no problem... but the Dock is NOT available in the "Surfaces" list... what am I missing here? please advise? Thx
Please tell us how you have it connected
Old 01-31-2023, 04:22 AM

MBP Thunderbolt to Ethernet adaptor... Cat 5 ethernet cable to ethernet port on back of Dock... Ethernet Data indicator light on back of dock flashing, which would indicate data is being transmitted, not so?
Old 02-01-2023, 08:52 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarthur View Post
MBP Thunderbolt to Ethernet adaptor... Cat 5 ethernet cable to ethernet port on back of Dock... Ethernet Data indicator light on back of dock flashing, which would indicate data is being transmitted, not so?
Hopefully Cat 5-E ?

Does the Dock have any lights on it?
Old 02-27-2023, 04:14 PM

Hi Eddie,

I am having these problems here. I was using an Intel Mac on Pro Tools 2022.10 and either the same version of Eucon or Eucon 22.7. I just purchased a new MacBook Pro Silicon M2 running OS Ventura and Pro Tools 2022.12 and Eucon, 2022.12. I am using the same router as I had before. My S1, Dock, and Avid control up on a fire tablet. HD all show up, but none will connect or allow me to upgrade the firmware.The Tablet has the newest 22.12 App.

I get a network error of unable to connect to Dock, S1 etc.