Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-07-2007, 03:58 PM

Default cleaning out un used tracks

Before I learned how to record directly on an external harddrive, I was just going straight onto my mac book pro... The hard drive is now filled, and Even though I have moved and deleted the sessions. Im assuming all the tracks and un used tracks are still stored somewhere in the computer.... How would i go about cleaning out all of the un used tracks from all of the sessions?....please help....thank you
Old 01-07-2007, 04:55 PM

Default Re: cleaning out un used tracks

in each session click on the regions tab on the right side -> then select -> then all unused. Now the unused selections will be highlighted in the regions group. Now select regions again -> then select clear -> then follow drecting for completey deleting them.

Mike
Old 01-07-2007, 05:07 PM

If you are done with the audio, you can just delete the "audio files" folder(s). WARNING - this is a permanent deletion.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:04 PM

As Park Seward has already pointed out, deleting audio files from the bin can be troublesome and a full understanding of whats involved is paramount, I'd recommend you read Removing Unwanted Regions from your Reference Guide, furthermore, a better source of this topic can be found in the 'Pro Tools 101: Introduction to Pro Tools' book, 2nd Edition under the Chapter 'Managing Your Audio Regions'.

No one likes trying to recover deleted audio files, especially those deleted because of a little lack of knowledge.

filosofem
Old 01-07-2007, 06:55 PM

It sounds like you're more worried about cleaning off your laptop drive. If you've erased the session folder from the laptop drive, it should have erased everything associated with it (assuming your disk allocations are set up normally). ProTools puts all audio related to a session in the Audio Folder withing that session folder. Be carefully when copying sessions to a new drive. Make sure you're copying all associated audio files as well. Many recommend using "save session as.." with protools and checking the "copy all audio files" instead of copying files through the finder.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:17 PM

ive got a question that the Guide doesnt quite answer:

in the Regions list, when selecting "Unused"... is it selecting files that arent on the tracks current playlists, or is it selecting files that just arent in the session at all? the latter is what im after. i have my first 40+ track session that ill be sending off to mix soon. im trying to clean out the session as much as possible... thanks!!