How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Dev > Pro Tools Scripting SDK Toolkit
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2023, 10:33 AM

Default OS_WritePermission error on GetSessionPath command

Hello,

I'm having issues when trying to execute the GetSessionPath command. I used most of the code from example that was included in the C++ SDK. I'm on the latest macOS - 13.2.1 (22D68), Intel-based chip.

When I'm looking at the debugger, the response is there but it also has "error" attribute with "errorType" of "OS_WritePermissions". I'm assuming this is related to Pro Tools itself, because from what I was able to find out with debugger, it seems that Pro Tools is sending this error.
I tried to give the app Full Disk Access but that didn't help. I also tried to use some codesign command (codesign -f -s- Pro Tools.app) that should remove sandbox but that also didn't help.
It also doesn't make any sense that I would encounter this error because GetSessionPath should be read-only operation. This also happens with GetSessionName command.

Here is my code and debugger screenshot: https://gist.github.com/effektsvk/35...ce283eefacb58e
Old 03-13-2023, 10:29 AM
Avid

Default Re: OS_WritePermission error on GetSessionPath command

Hello,

Based on the sample code you posted, it looks like your application is not first establishing a connection using AuthorizeConnection(). You must first successfully execute AuthorizeConnection() with a valid certificate before running other commands.

If that does not resolve the problem then please provide a Pro Tools log file. You can create a file named config.digitrace (note: not config.digitrace.txt) next to the Pro Tools application containing the following line to enable verbose logging:

DTF_ALL=file@DTP_LOWEST

Remove this file when you are done capturing verbose logs to return to default Pro Tools logging.

Best,
Rob
Old 04-01-2023, 07:43 AM

Hello,
sorry for late response.

Yes, you're right, I didn't use AuthorizeConnection(), I probably missed it in the readme.

It looks like I need an auth token but I don't have any, I don't remember seeing any when I registered on the site. Is it absolutely necessary to apply for a developer certificate? I just want to do a simple feasibility check for some features and I thought I wouldn't have to go through some kind of process...
Old 04-02-2023, 11:41 PM
Avid

A certificate-based connection is not required for connection with Pro Tools 2023.3. See the recently released Pro Tools Scripting SDK 2023.3 release notes for more information.