Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2022, 04:51 PM

Default Help on activation code not recived

New to music prduction, bought Pro Tools, and got no activation code when i purchased pro tools from avid website. My ilok is set up as well as my avid acct but the purchase email did not have an activation or license # to register. I have a purchase order, SKU and system ID but no license!
Old 08-13-2022, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Help on activation code not recived

Did you give your iLok ID when you bought it?
If so, did you check in ilok License Manager, it should be there.
Old 08-13-2022, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridanaga View Post
New to music prduction, bought Pro Tools, and got no activation code when i purchased pro tools from avid website. My ilok is set up as well as my avid acct but the purchase email did not have an activation or license # to register. I have a purchase order, SKU and system ID but no license!
Welcome to the community.

I checked your accounts using the email address used here - the product is in my.avid.com and the licenses were deposited to your iLok account on Aug 12. Are you looking at the iLok account listed with the product in my.avid.com/products?
Old 08-14-2022, 04:37 AM

Thank you for the responses.
I was given an ilok account, I signed it successfully and see in the licenses tab the pro tools subscription. It says 0/1 active meaning that i paid for it ut is yet to be active. Nowhere in ilok says the license number or how to activate pro tools. So the program is listed in my account but I need help on how to activate
Old 08-14-2022, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridanaga View Post
Thank you for the responses.
I was given an ilok account, I signed it successfully and see in the licenses tab the pro tools subscription. It says 0/1 active meaning that i paid for it ut is yet to be active. Nowhere in ilok says the license number or how to activate pro tools. So the program is listed in my account but I need help on how to activate
Start here:
https://www.ilok.com/#!license-manager
Old 08-14-2022, 05:15 AM

I have and I also swept the forums and web for this answer. This is not the first day trying to fix this. I have my ilok account, activated and logged in. I see the licenses 0/1 active (so not active), on the Avid instructions o the web it says I need to right click and activate but that option does no appear to me ( in 2 different browsers).

I enter in my.avid.com account and see pro tools active yet without inputting the license or activation code. I only see here the system ID of the software.

I have swept my email as well to see if i was missing an activation code email but nothing, I only have the order #.

If it helps decipher this, the way the system asked my logins i created an avid account before my ilok. Yet they're both with the same email and account and appear to be well interconnected so no issues there that I can see.

This has been very frustrating to activate and i haven't even yet. I'm looking for someone to offer real help and not quick and short links I have easily found previously or Avid to return my money because this is an unacceptable way to expect consumers to "figure it out" when the system and instructions do not match with what actually happens.
Old 08-14-2022, 05:20 AM

Do you have a actual iLok key?
The ilok page I linked to clearly explains how to activate your PT license.
Old 08-14-2022, 09:04 AM

Sorry, you said "no license" so I thought you meant we did not deposit a license.

If you are signed into Avid Link with your my.avid.com username & password, just launch Pro Tools.

You can instead launch iLok License Manager and Open Your Cloud Session (use Automatic Mode for it to manage your licenses for you): How to activate licenses to iLok Cloud

iLok Cloud requires persistent internet connection, otherwise you can buy an iLok USB Key to run Pro Tools offline.

See Activation, Licensing and Download for more info.
Old 08-15-2022, 07:53 AM

In this link: https://www.ilok.com/#!license-manager it says the licenses should open a detail pane where I could activate and see the license # of Pro tools. If I download without first inputting in avid.com the license from ilok the software doesn't work properly.

So I have tried to get the "show details" window but nothing. Losing faith by the day as these software aren't clear on what's on/off or user-friendly to make you figure it.

I do have an ilok account and can see my licenses, as for key I'm not sure I do ( i think that's what I'm looking to activate my pro tools)
Old 08-15-2022, 08:02 AM

I have downloaded the ilok manager and finally was able to enter my credentials and the software is working with my internet fine. I believe before I can open a cloud session as step 4 says I need to enter the activation code, which is again where my issue lies in that in any email I was NOT given any activation code to tell the software I bought it.

I know pro tools is active because I bought it yet it's not active because avid didn't hold their part of the deal and give me the activation code even if i opened many reports and tried to contact agents.