Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8

Old 05-31-2015, 02:50 PM

Default Procontrol ethernet connection problems

Hello, I am trying to hook up a Procontrol main unit and two fader packs to the studio computer. It is running Protools 10HD 10.3.10 on Windows 7 Pro SP1. Fresh install of both so the computer is running great. Using onboard ethernet of Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R (rev. 1.6) motherboard. Newest Lan drivers.

Brand new ethernet cables and new 5 port 10/100 Mbps switch. Tried different cables. Not hooked up to anything else, no other network. Ordered a ethernet crossover cable so I can go just to the main unit but it hasn't arrived yet.

Digidesign ethernet support driver installed. Saw a post to have just it enabled. Tried that as well as Digi driver and TCP/IP v4 both enabled.

Onboard ethernet card seems to be working fine when TCP/IP v4 and digi driver is enabled. Green led on back is lit and yellow led flashes when sending packets. Network switch seems fine. Procontrol units seem to be receiving packets. Green leds lit, yellow led flashing.

What am I doing wrong? Will order a new ethernet card but I don't think that is the problem. Seems to be a configuration issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I will buy an ice cold Heineken for anybody who can help me fix this problem. In fact, I will buy you a few!

Thanks, Alan.
Old 05-31-2015, 03:35 PM

have you declared it like this (yes this is a C24 but it's the same procedure)
http://akmedia.digidesign.com/suppor...62.pdf#page=25

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 05-31-2015, 03:52 PM

Craig you are a genius! That solved my problem. I am very serious, where can I send that beer to?