Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 04-01-2008, 08:00 PM

Default Quantum leap East West samples your opinions?

Quantum leap is having a sale where you buy 1 library you get 1 free .

Not all libraries are included in this deal but the 2 I might want to look into are Colossus and Ministry of rock.
I want Goliath but it is not part of this 2 for 1 deal, I will upgrade to Goliath in the future though.
I am new to sample Libraries.
I have been using a Motif Es 6 to compose the last couple of years but now I want something that sounds like the real deal.
I am also upgrading my computer to a Mac pro 2.8 8 core with RAM that I will upgrade to run these samples.

I produce rock and pop music. I play piano keyboard and guitar and bass. I want samples that sound realistic for strings, pianos, guitars, drums and bass. I want to fool people into thinking its a real band. Can I do it with these libraries.

Colossus is $595 so for $595 I get Colossus and Ministry of rock is this a good deal and then I will upgrade to Goliath.

Have you used these samples in the rock pop genre?
Are there any other samples libraries for this genre that I should also look at?
What are your opinions?

Thank you in advance.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Quantum leap East West samples your opinions?

I was also interested in some EastWest products, particularly Chris Hein Bass. I would love to hear from anyone that has experience with any of their stuff.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:18 PM

I won’t comment on the quality of their samples, but they have the worst customer service I’ve experienced. I placed an order online at their website and after days of waiting for a product that should have shipped overnight, I called. It took 5 phone calls and over a week to find out they couldn’t supply the product they advertised. They absolutely had no clue. No one returned calls or could provide me any information about my order. I’d recommend buying samples from a company that cares about their customers. Just sharing my experience. Your mileage may vary…
Old 04-02-2008, 04:04 PM

Samples are only as good as the hands they are in. If you have the skills, the E/W products you mentioned, will allow you to compose believable music. If the demos for these titles don't sound believable to you, then you can disregard my opinion. Everyone has a different opinion when it comes to sound and music. Only yours matters.

As for their customer service, my experiences have been quite positive. They once messed up an order of mine and upgraded the product for free as a way of making it up to me. A top quality company in my opinion.