Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2002, 08:00 AM

Default bomb factory authorization

i got gipped...i bought a used g3 with what i was told it had bombfactory rtas plugins installed when i tried to open it it asked me for the authorization code can some one help me with this give me some info or something.. can i buy the code seperately... i dont have contact with the person i bought it from so i cant take it back.plus the a hole charged me more cus he said it was in there...plzz help me
Old 03-11-2002, 10:26 AM

Default Re: bomb factory authorization

I think you are up the creek.

If they were real authorized plugs then they should load up fine.

Did he replace the HD before he sent the computer to you?

If he copied the HD information to a new disk then kept his original disk the authorizations my not have tranfered.

The newer BF plugs use a "ilok" dongle.
Did he iunclude that with the system?

hope this info helps.
Old 03-11-2002, 11:56 AM

DAM I HATE BEING S.O.L... imma check again.. just wondering but is the code the same for all?
Old 03-11-2002, 11:59 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by DOUBLE EDGE:
i bought a used g3 ... i dont have contact with the person i bought it from ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hm. If you don't have contact with the person, it sounds like you either bought the G3 illegally or you're just trying to get the codes illegally. If I've got your situation wrong, I apologize. If I've got it right, it would be criminal for any of us to help you out.
Old 03-12-2002, 12:44 AM
Administrator

You would need to contact Bomb Factory:
www.bombfactory.com

But if you didn't go through any kind of transfer of ownership, don't have the receipt from Bomb Factory or one of their authorized distributers, the installers and everything else that comes with purchase, and can't arrange for any of that with the seller, then Bomb Factory is probably not going to able to do anything for you.

So you more than likely got ripped off, or more to the point, the seller misrepresented what he was selling you. It doesn't mean you did anything illegal, just that you and the seller have not gone through the proper steps to legally transfer ownership of software that may or may not be their''s to sell in the first place. It may be a legal version, and depending on Bomb Factory's policy, they may allow a transfer of ownership. But they may not if the plug-ins used a challenge response rather than a key disk or iLok. If that were the case, then the original seller might still have the challenge response authorization on their own hard drive, which I would imagine would make BF reluctant to issue a new one to you.

It's kind of the same as if someone owns Photoshop, it is registered to them, and they have all of the manuals and installation CDs. Just because they install it on a computer, reuse their serial number and sell that computer to someone else doesn't mean that it is a legal copy or the legal property of whoever buys the computer.