Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2018, 12:56 AM

Default Digitest says my HD cards are working fine. So why aren't they working?

Hi, so I'm having a strange issue where Digitest reports no failures on my 6 HD cards in a PCI Magma Expansion Chassis. However, Pro Tools 10 HD crashes my entire computer if I try to enable anything beyond 1 DSP in the Playback Engine.

Upon restart of PT (after the entire computer crashes and I have to manually reboot) there is still never any change in the number of voices or DSP I have access to.

I've tried all kinds of different voice/DSP options and my entire computer will crash every time.

I know that my expansion chassis is transmitting information because the interface operates properly. It's just the additional cards that seem to not be accessible.

Does this sound familiar to anybody?

Thank you, love this forum btw. Didn't realize how many other people are still using the same legacy stuff I am.

System Information: Mac OSX 10.8.5 | 32GB RAM | 8 Processors | Quad-Core Intel Xeon | Digidesign 192 | Pro Tools HD 10

Last edited by tpcalm; 12-05-2018 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Adding System Information