Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2009, 08:34 AM

Default Can Digidelivery Serv LT be used with single static IP?

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a Digidelivery Serv LT so we can send files to people that haven't got a digi server. Does the Serv LT need its own external static IP, or can it be used on a network only having a single external static IP?

At present I only have a single static IP from my ISP, with a router handling the internal IPs (either by DHCP or static internal in the 10.1.1.x range).

If it can be used with a single external static IP how would I set it (or the router) so that packets can be sent to and from the Serv LT to external destinations via the Internet?

Thanks,

Phill.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:44 AM

Default Re: Can Digidelivery Serv LT be used with single static IP?

This might better better asked in the Digidelivery-Forum but yes. The DD-server needs it´s own external static address so the clients can reach it.

frank.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:56 AM

You can use it on a network with a single static IP but you'll have problems if you're running an externally accessible local HTTP server for a start (or any other externally accessible server that uses any of the following ports). If your external connection is only used for accessing external http/https/ftp etc services you're fine.

From Digi docs:

Quote:
Open ports (usually open by default)

Inbound:
22/tcp
53/tcp
53/udp*
80/tcp
123/tcp
123/udp*
443/tcp

Outbound:
25/tcp
53/tcp
53/udp
80/tcp
123/tcp
123/udp

Technically, 53/udp inbound and 123/udp inbound do not need to be open, but the firewall must allow responses to packets coming from those ports.

Firstly those ports will need to be non-blocked by your ISP. Secondly your router will need to be set to port forward those ports from your external IP address to the local network static IP you've set for the Digidelivery. Also, the Digidelivery can send notification emails directly or via an external email server, I'd recommend the latter.

Pete
Old 10-06-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kruse View Post
This might better better asked in the Digidelivery-Forum but yes. The DD-server needs it´s own external static address so the clients can reach it.

frank.
Sorry Frank. I did look for a specific Digidelivery forum but couldn't find one. Can you point me in the right direction for it?

Thanks,

Phill.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill Barrett View Post
Sorry Frank. I did look for a specific Digidelivery forum but couldn't find one. Can you point me in the right direction for it?

Thanks,

Phill.
http://duc.digidesign.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26
Old 10-06-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Gates View Post
You can use it on a network with a single static IP but you'll have problems if you're running an externally accessible local HTTP server for a start (or any other externally accessible server that uses any of the following ports). If your external connection is only used for accessing external http/https/ftp etc services you're fine.
Pete
Excellent, thanks for the help Pete. The only internal server we have is ftp, with our ISP routing ftp trafic to our IP while allowing other trafic to our domain name to go to the web and e-mail they host for us. Sounds like it should work fine then.

With ftp I then have to redirect port 21 to the IP address of the local computer with the ftp server on it. Do I have to do anything similar with Digidelivery as otherwise I'm not sure how external trafic will get routed to the Digi server?

Incidentally, how are things? It's Phill at Universal Sound (foley) by the way.

Cheers,

Phill.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kruse View Post
Excellent, thanks Frank. Can see it bold as day now, no idea why I couldn't find it earlier, maybe didn't see through the Aspera part.

Cheers,

Phill.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill Barrett View Post
Excellent, thanks for the help Pete. The only internal server we have is ftp, with our ISP routing ftp trafic to our IP while allowing other trafic to our domain name to go to the web and e-mail they host for us. Sounds like it should work fine then.

With ftp I then have to redirect port 21 to the IP address of the local computer with the ftp server on it. Do I have to do anything similar with Digidelivery as otherwise I'm not sure how external trafic will get routed to the Digi server?

Incidentally, how are things? It's Phill at Universal Sound (foley) by the way.

Cheers,

Phill.
Ah right hi Phill,
It's going well-ish, mad busy but schedules and rates... the usuals. Did Ben and Lee come up and see you a few weeks ago, I know they were planning to? I still haven't seen your 'new' set-up though I have heard it's fab and I know everyone's been very pleased with the results.

You don't need to port-forward all the inbound ports I seem to remember - Boom bought my set-up when I left so I can't look at it right now. I'll check but if you're not using any of the inbound ones anyway you may as well do all of them.

Inbound:
22/tcp
53/tcp
53/udp*
80/tcp
123/tcp
123/udp*
443/tcp

All the best,
Pete
Old 10-06-2009, 12:19 PM

Thanks Pete, I appreciate all the help. Yes, Ben and Lee came over a while back, good to see them again as ever. Anytime you fancy lunch or a beer or two in Amersham give me a shout!

Cheers for now,

Phill.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:34 AM

Hi,

Bought a ServLT but am now having problems with the initial setup. It connects to my network via Ethernet1 fine, and to a local PC via Ethernet2. However, when I try to enter the network information it restarts the services and comes up with network errors.

I've checked that all the relevent ports are open on my router, and there is no firewall installed. I've also checked with my ISP and they don't block any of those ports. All the ports out seem fine, but none of the ports in seem to work. I'm not sure if its actually a port problem or if the DigiDeliveryTest.cgi file is actually missing somehow. I tried using a DMZ to the Serv LT IP but even with that it gave the same errors.

I can't seem to get any further, as what ever I do it will not get further than this error. I've pased the error below so any thoughts would be really appreciated as I'm not sure what to try.

Thanks,

Phill.

p.s. sorry to post this here but as I'd already started (erroneously) thought I might as well carry on this time!

Network Tests Failed. There may be a problem with your network configuration. [ OK ] IP Address 10.1.1.50
[ OK ] Gateway address 10.1.1.1
[ OK ] The DNS Servers 212.23.6.100 212.23.3.100 appear to be working satisfactorily
[ OK ] Port TCP/25 OUT is open
[ OK ] Port TCP/80 OUT is open
[ OK ] Port TCP/443 OUT is open
[ OK ] Port UDP/123 OUT is open

[WARNING] Port TCP/22 IN

Not Found
The requested URL /cgi-bin/digiDeliveryTest.cgi was not found on this server.

[WARNING] Port TCP/443 IN

Not Found

[FAILED ] Port TCP/80 IN

Not Found

[FAILED ] Port TCP/80 IN

Not Found

[FAILED ] Port TCP/80 IN

Not Found

[FAILED ] Some Tests Failed