Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)

Old 07-05-2020, 02:42 AM

Default Re: Fast track is unknown device

Guys, thanks for your advices.
Darryl: A tried almost everything, even every USB slot.... I think it's really fried.. For your budget and stuff questions.. I'm only a conservatory student, so I only need to record something to school once in a while. Sometimes I have some idea, so to hear how it sounds, I record more instruments but you know, I'm not a big producer or something so.... I want something good but it doesn't have to be a professional sound card.
Old 07-05-2020, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunka_killer View Post
Guys, thanks for your advices.
Darryl: A tried almost everything, even every USB slot.... I think it's really fried.. For your budget and stuff questions.. I'm only a conservatory student, so I only need to record something to school once in a while. Sometimes I have some idea, so to hear how it sounds, I record more instruments but you know, I'm not a big producer or something so.... I want something good but it doesn't have to be a professional sound card.
I think the 2i2 would be a good choice. Much better IMHO to save other money up for monitors, headphones, microphones, etc. oh and guitars

I think the 2i2 is much more flexible for many uses than the cheaper Solo... e.g. you can record a vocals and acoustic guitar with two mics or vocals and an electric guitar DI, etc. or an electric guitar DI and a cab mic, or a keyboard/synth in stereo, ... just a lot more flexible to have two inputs available.
Old 07-05-2020, 02:55 PM

This is an EX Interface.....it has ceased to BE

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave