Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 12-03-2021, 09:48 AM

Default Re: Is Avid including HEAT and Complete Plugin Bundle for perpetual users?

I contacted Avid Support last night and asked that they provide me with licenses for Heat and the CPB. Early this morning I received an email from Avid Support stating that they had deposited the licenses in my account! Thank you Avid Support and to all of you forum members that helped me with this!
Luna 1.5, Logic Pro 10.8/Logic Pro 10.7.9, Cubase Pro 13.0.10, Studio One Pro 6.5.1, Pro Tools Studio 2023.9, UAD-2 software 11, PreSonus Quantum 2, UA Apollo 8, UA Apollo Twin Mk 2 (2), UAD-2 Thunderbolt Satellite Quad (2), Fractal Axe Fx III Mk. II Turbo FW 23.02, USB FW 1.15 and Axe-Edit III 1.13.08, Studio A: Apple iMac 2020, i7 8-core 3.8 GHz, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, RP5700XT GPU, 10 Gb/s Ethernet, MacOS Ventura 13.6.2. Studio B: Apple iMac 2015, i7 4-core 4 GHz, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, RP395X GPU, 1 Gb/s Ethernet, MacOS Monterey 12.7.1.
Old 12-03-2021, 09:55 AM

Default Re: Is Avid including HEAT and Complete Plugin Bundle for perpetual users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveporter33765 View Post
I contacted Avid Support last night and asked that they provide me with licenses for Heat and the CPB. Early this morning I received an email from Avid Support stating that they had deposited the licenses in my account! Thank you Avid Support and to all of you forum members that helped me with this!
No luck here....when I asked about heat I got this strange reply...

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for contacting Avid Customer Care.

To activate your Pro Tools license ( HEAT and Avid Complete Plugin Bundle ) to the iLok Cloud, please follow the steps below.

1. Download and install the latest version of iLok License Manager (iLM) through iLok.com

2. After installing launch the iLM from your applications folder.

-For windows click the iLM icon from your desktop

3. Sign in using your iLok account credentials.
ILok Id: waynemcintyre

4. Click on "File" then "Open Open Cloud Session" wait until to get the pop up that says "Cloud Session Open Successful"

5. Now try launching your Pro Tools.

To close the cloud session:

1. Open the iLok License Manager then sign in to your iLok account.

2. Right-click on the Cloud icon then select Close Cloud Session.

3. Go to the Available tab then right-click on your licenses to activate them on your iLok key.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by climber View Post
I submitted a case with CS last night. got response via email & links from them this morning. thank you Avid...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveporter33765 View Post
Glad to hear that, thanks both for following up!
Old 12-03-2021, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcintyre View Post
No luck here....when I asked about heat I got this strange reply...
Looking into this now...
Old 12-03-2021, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcintyre View Post
No luck here...
Looks like the rep deposited your HEAT license around the time they replied, but failed to mention that and only included activation info! Sorry about this. You can activate the license now to an iLok or iLok Cloud using iLok License Manager.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lyon View Post
My perpetual license for HD Ultimate was renewed 10/3/21... am I eligible for the HEAT inclusion? I checked my account and I don't see it.
Please check your iLok account - HEAT was already deposited and can be activated using iLok License Manager.
Old 12-03-2021, 06:24 PM

As far as the subscription is concerned, my take is that you might as well pay as you go and get the updates. If you buy in after it expires, you pay about the same, or MORE, to get back in without all of those updates which are nice to have as things get better all the time. For the most part.

I renewed my Ultimate license, but I'm not sure I even need heat. Worthwhile?

Steve
Old 12-07-2021, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Mixing View Post
I renewed my Ultimate license, but I'm not sure I even need heat. Worthwhile?

Steve

Heat is great. Designed by Dave Hill, works as described on the tin. I much prefer it to plugin saturations in terms of workflow. I only use it on certain elements... bypass it on others, and set and forget. None of that endless plugin noodling that saturatist love so much. (Yes. I just invented a new word to describe lovers of saturation plugins).

I don't think anything has appeared in my iLok account though...
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 12-08-2021, 04:57 PM

I submitted a case and got a reply that I’m not on a Subscription plan so I’m not eligible for Heat. Even though I do have a Support plan that I’ve kept current for years.

Just so I’m clear those of you that recently received a Heat license have the Ultimate Update and Support plan NOT Subscription correct?
Old 12-08-2021, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
I submitted a case and got a reply that I’m not on a Subscription plan so I’m not eligible for Heat. Even though I do have a Support plan that I’ve kept current for years.

Just so I’m clear those of you that recently received a Heat license have the Ultimate Update and Support plan NOT Subscription correct?
Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle and HEAT are actually now available for both Subscriptions and Perpetuals with active Software Updates + Support Plan.

If not showing in iLok License Manager’s “Available licenses” – reply to your current Case (if it's still open) or start another free Case via your Avid account – quote this page, if necessary:

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...e-HEAT-License

Q: Who is eligible for the Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle and HEAT?
A: Customers who have an active Pro Tools Subscription or Pro Tools | Ultimate Subscription are eligible as well as Pro Tools & Pro Tools | Ultimate Perpetual customers with active Software Updates + Support Plan.