Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2011, 02:04 AM

Default Really dissapointed

hi people... i don't know if some of you have gone thru this but i have a problem, i got on this days my protools 9 crossgrade, and the ilok2, I registered my Ilok, downloaded the licenses. but when i try to open protools 9, it asks for authorization but when i press the autorization button it asks again if I want to authorize or quit, i press authorize but then i recieve a message that says that there it's no ilok present. I tried using all the USBs in my computer, and my ilok it's authorized because the autorization appears in the ilok website, but for some reason my computer doesn't recognize the ilok. I am running in the computer the mac snow lopard.

To be truthful i am really dissapointed with Avid,because I invest my money in something i would like to be better than the one before,and with this ilok license problem,i feel frustraded because, i am one of those that buys the software and does not use a cracked version.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:05 AM

Default PT9: dissapointed

hi people... i don't know if some of you have gone thru this but i have a problem, i got on this days my protools 9 crossgrade, and the ilok2, I registered my Ilok, downloaded the licenses. but when i try to open protools 9, it asks for authorization but when i press the autorization button it asks again if I want to authorize or quit, i press authorize but then i recieve a message that says that there it's no ilok present. I tried using all the USBs in my computer, and my ilok it's authorized because the autorization appears in the ilok website, but for some reason my computer doesn't recognize the ilok. I am running in the computer the mac snow lopard.

To be truthful i am really dissapointed with Avid,because I invest my money in something i would like to be better than the one before,and with this ilok license problem,i feel frustraded because, i am one of those that buys the software and does not use a cracked version.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:12 AM

Default Re: PT9: dissapointed

You need to register your Pro Tools 9 with Avid. Also, you need to make sure the license for PT9 is on your iLok. If it's not, you might have to download the new iLok driver from iLok.com.. I just went through the entire process and I had my problems with it to, but after 6 hours of struggling I finally got it to work! Lol Let me know if it works

visit www.avid.com/activation to register your product
Old 03-24-2011, 02:22 AM

Default Re: Really dissapointed

Are you sure you have the latest Ilok driver installed?

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-24-2011, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
Are you sure you have the latest Ilok driver installed?
+1 with Tom i had this problem to and you need all the right drivers from the Pace and ilok site

PT 10.3.10 HD Accel 6, Mac Pro 5.1 12 Core 3.46hz Dual Boot Lion 10.7.5 and Maverick 10.9.5 32GB Ram Magma PE6R4i Chassis
Old 03-24-2011, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffertypr View Post

Frustration doesn't solve the problem, nor does it give us information.

What are you using? OSX? What version? Have you made sure to update all of your iLok drivers?

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 03-24-2011, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
Frustration doesn't solve the problem, nor does it give us information.

What are you using? OSX? What version? Have you made sure to update all of your iLok drivers?
He said he's using snow leopard.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:14 AM

hang in there. you're very likely just a driver install away from being up and running.

when you go to ilok.com be sure to install both the client installer and the driver installer. http://ilok.com/download-ilok-software.html

marco
Old 03-24-2011, 07:40 AM

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=297593

There's no need to create duplicate threads. As has been said in the other thread, install the latest driver from the iLok.com webpage, that should fix your problem.

2010 Mac Pro 8-core Westmere, OS X 10.6.6, PT HD 9.0.3, Mbox 2 Pro, C|24
Old 03-24-2011, 08:14 AM

Don't forget to transfer your license over to your iLock.