Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 08-12-2006, 01:26 AM

Default Waves the corporate bullying continues

I have recently begun enquiring with Waves the cost pros and cons of combining two separate waves accounts. One was setup when i bought and LE system, the other was as part of an HD3 system in a studio i am the inhouse guy for.
Waves told me it was $150US dollars to change the ownership and combine the accounts
When i questioned what that was for given that i already HAVE to pay WUP and that i simply wanted to know if combining them saved any money on my total WUP to make the change worthwhile, they locked one of the accounts and told me it will stay locked until we agree to combine the accounts and pay the transfer fee!
The other studio owners are up in arms, it was done without any notice to or permission from anyone.

What the hell is wrong with Waves and their money grabbing attitude of the last couple of years. I have always paid for all my plugs and even paid the WUP (though it goes against grain to pay a yearly fee for lttle or no support). Has anyone else had this much fun with them lately?

Trevor
Old 08-12-2006, 06:36 PM

Default Re: Waves the corporate bullying continues

This is nothing new from WAVES. When my latest WUP runs out, WAVES is going BYE BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most call it Extortion
Old 08-29-2006, 11:43 AM

this is par for the course with waves. my latest beef is that i contacted them about getting current with WUP. they told me (both over the phone and in an email) that i could renew my WUP or i could upgrade to a larger bundle to get another year of WUP (i'm currently on platinum tdm). according to waves my upgrade options i could go to platinum + L3 or diamond.

so i march right down to my local retailer and order the upgrade to platinum + L3. now waves is telling me that does not reactivate my WUP. i have contacted them several times now and every time they tell me that the only way to renew my WUP is to pay for it or upgrade to a larger bundle. i explained that i upgraded to a larger bundle and they say that platinum + L3 is not a larger bundle, just a different bundle.

even though i have an email stating that platinum + L3 is an upgrade to a larger bundle they are denying that it is. last night in my searching around their site i accidentally clicked on a link that triggered another email giving me my upgrade options. lo and behold, they have changed the wording since the email i received a few days ago. so apparently waves understands that they are contradicting themselves but won't do anything to honor the agreement they made with me.

i am now arguing until i'm blue in the face with the guy at waves. i have asked to speak with his supervisor and he basically told me no.

digidesign, are you aware of what your 3rd party developers are doing and how they are treating your customers?

brian
Old 08-29-2006, 06:26 PM

That´s exactly what happened to me last November/December.

BTW: I recently renewed my WUP, but the issues I have/had with Waves got even worse... :-(

Peter
Old 08-30-2006, 08:46 PM

Why dont we make a list of plugs that replace by quality and functionality their plugs, and sticky it for everyone to see ))). Just kidding, digi would never allow that.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:01 PM

why don't you all just steal their plugs and quit whining! JK!

i buy all my plug ins too