Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 07-21-2006, 08:42 PM

Default C24 Ethernet port quit.. please help!

My C24 ethernet connection suddenly stopped working today. I get no status lights at all next to the ethernet port (on C24) when connected to the G5s ethernet port (I don't think it's the computer or cat5 as other devices will still work from the G5 port). I assume that this means that something must have gone wrong with the ethernet card in the C24 (the board still powers up fine.. just won't go online). I tried cleaning the jack w/ compressed air & moving the connector around in the RJ45 port/reset the C24 ethernet in the utility menu... nothing.
If anyone can offer advice or has had a similar problem I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks in advance!
(BTW, running HD3/7.1 on dual 2.0 G5)
Old 07-22-2006, 04:34 PM

Default Re: C24 Ethernet port quit.. please help!

Hi,

You're probably beyond our help you have no light on your ethernet output and you have reset the c24!!

There's a slight chance that its a connection inside come loose, if you're up for it, you could have a go at taking the power supply off the back and checking all the contacts etc and just generally having a look around inside!! but it does sound like your ethernet board has gone west

Have you tried anothet computer into it? a laptop maybe just to see if there's a signal detected by the lappy!!

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.