Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2004, 01:23 PM

Default Protools duplicates audio file on opening sessions

Hi there,

Im having a problem whereby upon opening sessions, ProTools (6.2) duplicates all the files in the session quickly filling up my hard drives. Its basically appending .1 to the end of all the files.

We're running a d24 core system (w 2x dsp cards), on a G4 1.25Ghz, 1Gb Ram, 120Gb Ext Lacie FW drive, with OSX 10.2.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be most grateful.

Thanks,
Iain
Old 04-25-2004, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Protools duplicates audio file on opening sess

Sounds like an "enforce PC/Mac Compatibility" issue.

Are you seeing this dialog when you try to open the file: "Please choose a folder for the converted audio files"?

I can create this situation on my Mac by creating a file with "enforce PC/Mac Compatibility" selected, and then recording some audio (after creating an audio track), and closing then re-opening the same file.

The way I got around it was to create a new session in the format I desired (checking the audio file format of the files in your audio folder) and importing the tracks (and MIDI tempo track if used) and checking "refer to source media (where possible)".

Hope this helps...