Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2021, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Older TDM style "voice stealing" workflow an advantage?

The comp/edit-select track sits on the visible playlist (top level -- empty at first), everything else is in playlist view below where it is recorded into. All sections are copied "up" to the comp track from the playlists (comp track designated as the target track.) The playlists below are left unchanged since it is a copy.
"Overwriting" isn't an issue because it's just a copy. As I go, I copy sections up (highlight, shortcut keys -- which I have assigned to a mouse button)

When I'm done, I just collapse playlist view and the finished track is ready to go (with alternates below if needed later.) And HDX set to autofade eliminates any pops in the edits on the comp track until I want to manually put fades in at the end.