Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 11-23-2003, 07:02 PM

Default Alesis SR16 control of PTLE6 Step-by-step Needed

I have tried forever to get my SR16 to Syncronize PTLE6 to no avail. Every time I connect the SR16 and try anything, It locks up with wierd characters, memory gets wiped out, and It must be reset. I want The SR16 to set the tempo and meter (sync PTLE) in PTLE. Can anyone help me? I have tried a lot of instructions that I just couldn't get figured out. I am looking for any person that could offer a step-by-step.

Thank you so very much.
Old 11-23-2003, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Alesis SR16 control of PTLE6 Step-by-step Needed

-MIDI OUT from your Digi (or other) interface to MIDI IN on SR16.
-From Midi Menu in PT, enable Midi beat Clock, set it to send on the channnel the SR16 is set to receive.
-PT should now be the master, triggering the Alesis.

I may be missing a step or two, I may even be stating the obvious which you've already tried in the past, but oh well, was worth a shot...
Old 11-24-2003, 02:14 AM

Default Re: Alesis SR16 control of PTLE6 Step-by-step Needed

Or,,midi out of the sr 16 to midi in of PT make sure the SR-16 is set to transmit MTC,set PT to recieve MTC,,cant remember were,, ,,hit play on you SR-16 and it should all just chug along,,best thing to do at this point is to open a new MIDI track,,have it set to recieve from the SR-16 record arm it and set PT to record,,now it should record any midi that you have programed into the SR-16's sequencer,,it's much better to have the SR-16 follow PT,,rather than have PT follow the SR-16,,it's also easier to have your midi in the same place as your audio incase you need to edit acrros all of your tracks later,,