Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2008, 11:02 AM

Default FX and MON send have not recall

Hi, I have a Profile Mix system and many snapshots wich I recall its by program change. I have a problem because, when I recall the snapshot, the fx and mon aux level are not recalled. The "AUX MON" and "AUX FX" option in the recall safe parameter matrix of are not activated. These parameters are recalled only if I switch off the recall safe master on/off. Also, these parameters are not recalled even if I disable all the chanell safe parameters.
Thanks for your help !
Old 10-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Avid

Default Re: FX and MON send have not recall

Hi,

Here are a few things to check:
1) Make sure the input channels are scoped as part of the snapshot (their faders are highlighted in red on the bottom of the snapshots page)? Check this for each snapshot.
2) Make sure the AUX MON and AUX FX data type buttons are scoped (red) on the Snapshots page. Check this for each snapshot.
3) Check the individual aux master settings on the Options > Snapshots page. Make sure the FX auxes are set to Aux FX, and monitor sends are set to Aux Mon.

If all of that checks out and the problem persists, then do this:
1) Make sure the Input Safe switches are set to "Act as Automation Safes" on the Options > Interaction page. Disable Automation Safe for the channels in question.
2) Disable Recall Safe altogether (Recall Safe tab of Snapshots page).

Recall the snapshots and start adding these "safe" features back in until it stops working.

Quote:
these parameters are not recalled even if I disable all the chanell safe parameters.
Channel Safe removes the entire channel from snapshot recall. If Channel Safe is on, none of the channel parameters - including Aux settings - will be recalled. Make sure Channel Safe is set to off for any channel you want to recall settings for.

Sheldon
Old 10-17-2008, 11:35 PM

Hi Sheldon !
I fall to tell you that all the other parameters of the channel are recalled(like fader, mute, pre or others). Only these two parameters are not recalled(aux fx and mon fx), it doesn't matter than the recall safe is activated or not for these in the parameter matrix. For exemple, if I dezactivate the recall safe in the parameter matrix for fader, it is recalled. If I dezactivate the recall safe for the aux fx or for aux mon, these are not recalled. It is a difference between the parameters of the same channel. The FX auxes are set to Aux FX and monitor sends are set to Aux Mon in the Options>Snapshots page.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:21 AM
Avid

Hi,

Is it possible the parameters are stored with the same settings in each snapshot? This would make it seem like they never change. Try this:

1) Turn off Recall Safe and any Channel Safes altogether.
2) Recall a snapshot with Aux Mon and Aux FX scoped
3) Manually make changes to the channel aux settings, so they're different from what was just recalled.
4) Recall the same snapshot again.

What happens?

Sheldon
Old 10-19-2008, 10:13 AM

Hi Sheldon !
Isn't a same thing to modify the parameter of aux Fx and recall it again? For exemple, in one snapshot, with Flip to faders activated, I move the fader(aux FX) position and, when I simply push recall, nothing it happens. If I turn off the flip to faders option and I move the fader(channel volume), when I press recall it returns tho the stored position. There are not channel safe parameters activated for this channel in the parameter matrix-neither.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:29 AM
Avid

Hi,
Quote:
Isn't a same thing to modify the parameter of aux Fx and recall it again?
Essentially yes.

On the main snapshots page, are the AUX MON and AUX FX buttons turned on (highlighted in red)? If so, then these parameters should be recalled for each scoped strip, assuming they're not recall safe'd. If these buttons are turned on but still there's no change when a snapshot is recalled, please contact Digi Customer Support and arrange to send them a copy of the show file for further examination.

Sheldon
Old 10-19-2008, 10:33 AM

Yes, Aux Mon and Aux Fx are turned on(red)...
Old 10-19-2008, 07:31 PM
Avid

OK...send in a copy of the show file that exhibits the problem, with as much info as possible (which specific channels are affected, which sends, in which snapshots, etc.).

Sheldon
Old 10-20-2008, 02:42 AM

Thanks, Sheldon !
Old 10-20-2008, 03:58 AM

Check "channel sends" is not checked to the "on" position in the recall safe outputs selection box.

BC