Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2010, 09:10 AM

Default PT7 Sessions in PT8

Hey everyone,

I've been having some issues with some sessions that were either recorded using PT7 or I had been working on in PT7, then come into some issues when opened in PT8. When using PT7, the hardware ranges from the Mbox 2 to the 003. When using PT8, I'm using the Mbox 3.

1.) When these sessions are opened in PT8, they playback at a tempo slower than the original
2.) Playing the files in the Audio Files folder in iTunes, they play back in the correct tempo
3.) Even though when opened in PT8 it plays back slower, bouncing to disk results in a file that plays back in the correct tempo

Some caveats:
- The sessions vary in same sample rate & bit rate, so it's not one specific sample rate or bit rate that's causing the issue.
- I've tried opening the session in PT8, exporting the region, then starting a new session and importing the audio.
- When importing audio, I've tried fidgeting with the Apply SRC option. After choosing one Apply SRC setting and importing the audio, the song then played in the right tempo in PT8. However, bouncing the track down resulting in a track that then played FASTER than it's supposed to.

Has anyone had this issue before working on PT7 session in PT8? I would have thought that opening sessions in PT8 would open them in the same settings that was saved in PT7. Are there any preferences, options, setup parameters, etc. I'm missing?

Thanks!
Bryan