Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 06-07-2013, 11:36 AM

Default New to Pro tools: Need help setting up interface

Whats up everyone? Real new to Pro Tools 10. Im working with an 2009 iMac and I'm trying to hook up a Zoom h4 recorder as an interface but I'm really stuck on Step 1. Could anyone walk me through it? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance. Peace.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:50 AM

Default Re: New to Pro tools: Need help setting up interface

You need to supply more info. What exactly have you done / what are you trying to do? What is "step 1"? What MAC OS?

Have you connected the h4 by USB? Is it recognized by the Mac? Are there up to date drivers available from Zoom?
Old 06-07-2013, 12:04 PM

Yeah Phil sorry for the lack of info, this is like another language to me. Alight lets see, I set up a session and plugged the h4 in with a usb, Im trying to run some mics through the h4, I went into the setup: Playback Engine and set the H4 as the playback engine. I have meters jumping on the H4 but nothing is being recognized on pro tools. it is an OSX 10.8.4. And I'm not quite sure about the drivers. Is that any help?
Old 06-07-2013, 04:23 PM

If it's showing in the Playback Engine options, it looks like the h4 is recognized.

I am not familiar with the h4 but check the manual to see if you need to set it to pass audio to the USB port.

Next I suggest

1. Create a new audio track.
2. Select an input (from the drop down) that corresponds to the h4 you intend to record from.
3. Record arm the track and see if there's a signal registering. Toggle Input monitoring if not and retest.