Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2010, 01:35 PM

Default Sending direct outs to studio room

Hello. I know there are some people here sending multi-track audio to a studio location, and I am trying to look into this. What is the easiest way to do this? Can I install an A-net card at FOH and run cat-5 to my studio? Can the digi send to two different sets of a-net cards? Can I send the same input to both sets? I would love to stay digital all the way into a DAW. Do you know of an interface with which I could do this? I want to send as many channels as possible, but I can do some stemming if necessary. Thanks for any advice.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Sending direct outs to studio room

Probably the easiest way is using the new Madi interface card (up to 64 channels). If you have a computer that is fitted with say an RME madi card you could go straight in, you then have to decide what software you want to use to record with. Obviously if you want to use pro tools you can use the TDM outs (but they are limited by distance,)or you can use Madi, but you need something like the SSL madi to pro tools convertor box. Madi supports up to 2km via light pipe and around 100m using 75ohm coax. Hope this helps.

Roland